Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   
 
   Bethel Chapel, Glynneath
  A Baptist Chapel, it was erected in 1846 and restored in 1878.
    Early ministers were :
James Spencer(1838-42)
J. Hughes (1849)
Ebenezer Morgan (1849)
E. Williams (1855)
T.E.James (1861-70)
 
 
 
 
 

( This image taken Oct. 2001 )

          Capel Y Glyn 
  The chapel was erected in 1892 by the "Independent" movement and the first minister was the Rev. D. Glyn Davies, previously of Addoldy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Image taken Oct. 2001
 

        Addoldy Glynneath
 Addoldy was opened in 1839 on land which had been donated by Mr William Williams, the squire of Aberpergwm. He had made a condition when granting the land that there was to be no separation of the sexes while at worship.
Early ministers were :
Rev. Morgan Lewis
Rev. David Williams of Tredwstan
Mr John Morgan Thomas of Cwmllynfell - who left in 1849 to take over a church in New York.
John Thomas (Ieuan Morgannwg)
David Williams of Rhydybont
Rees Morgan of Llechryd
W. Gibbon - later of Swansea
D. Glyn Davies
Rev. J.W.Morris (died 1911)
 
Town Images Index