Abbey School :
was opened in 1866. Ann Crighton (nee Prosser ) was the Mistress from this time until her retirement in 1906.
|Another image of Neath Abbey School, taken from St. Johns Churchyard.|
|St. John`s Church
The Parish of Skewen was formed in 1844 out of the ancient Parish of Llan Gatwg.
This church was built in 1850/1.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids