|Town Of Lee, Oneida County, New York||Village of West Branch|
|Site Index||Delta||Lee||Lee Center||Point Rock||Stokes||West Branch|
|Census||Cemeteries||Military||Obituaries||Odds and Ends||Schools||Vital Statistics|
West Branch Grange Hall was built by the first West Branch Grange in 1880 and was used by them until early 1900's when a group called Cooperation took over ownership. The group sponsored by eight to 10 families held several family oriented events at the Hall.
In 1915 the Hall was purchased by the second West Branch Grange. In the 1920's the grangers had a Whole Sale Purchasing Exchange, selling feed, flour and other grain crops to members and non-members at reduced rates.
Another benefit of the Grange was the Cornell Cooperative Extension service, where 3 day farm schools were held, as well as nursing and homemaking courses.
From 1945 to 1977 the Hall was used for Grange meetings, dances, dinners, plays and youth meetings, sponsored by the Friends Church and family groups.
In 1953 a Junior Grange was formed for youths ages 5 to 14. This group held many programs, plays and drills, making the Grange a family organization.
A Subordinate (14 years and older) group was also formed, taking parts in play contests, exchange programs, and baking and sewing contests, both local and countywide. From 1945 to 1977 the average membership was 55 to 70 people.
The Grange Hall was sold in 1979.
Roof collapsed Jan 29 1994 due to heavy snow and the building was eventually demolished.