Life And Death Of Ole Haga, Rothsay
Rothsay --- Ole Adolph Haga, 67, passed away Tuesday, July 6, 1948 at Wright Memorial hospital in Fergus Falls. Mr. Haga suffered a stroke following an operation.
Ole Haga was the son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Anders Haga of Rothsay. He was born in Hadeland, Norway, July 21, 1881. At the age of five years he came to this country with his parents. He grew to manhood on the Haga farm two miles northeast of Rothsay. He was united in marriage December 20, 1906 to Miss Inga Engelson. To this union six sons and two daughters were born. The two daughters passed away in infancy.
Ole Haga operated a general merchandise store here for 12 years with his brother Gilbert. He left Rothsay in 1922 and moved to Battle Lake where he operated a filling station for nine years with his brother, Arthur. In 1931 he moved to Fergus Falls and was in the insurance business for two years and later located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota where he was in the grocery business for 6 years. At that time his health failed him and he retired from business. In 1937 he moved to Moorhead where he resided until 1939 when he moved back to Rothsay where he built a nice home and was active around the home and garden though his health was not good.
Survivors are his wife and six sons: Alexander of Wadena, Edgar of Los Angeles, Lawrence and Oliver of Sioux Falls, Roger at home, Willard who is stationed at Guam was not able to get home for the funeral. Besides his immediate family, he is survived by four brothers and two sisters, Mrs. Sigvald Anderson (Sena), Mrs. Henry Helseth (Clara) of Battle Lake; Andrew and Gilbert of Rothsay; Melvin and Arthur of Battle Lake; eight grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
Funeral services were held Saturday, July 10, at 1:30 from the Miller Funeral Home and at 2 p.m. from the Hamar Lutheran church of which Mr. Haga was a member.91
Ole Adolph Haga was born July 21, 1881 and died July 6, 1948. Inga N. Haga was born August 8, 1883 and died July 29, 1971. Both are buried in the Hamar cemetery, Rothsay, Minnesota.