The Borough of Roosevelt was incorporated by act of the Legislature of the State of New Jersey
approved April 11, 1906. The Borough was comprised of the areas of Carteret and Chrome of
Accepted by vote of the people on May 1, 1906.
Name changed to Borough of Carteret by election held on November 27, 1922.
||History of Carteret, New Jersey
formerly Borough of Roosevelt