A History of the John Cears/Kear family
Peter FRISINGER, son of Johan Peter FREYSlNGER and Anna Catherine AKER, was born 2 September 1810 in Virginia and died 18 February 1892 in Willshire Township, Van Wert County, Ohio. He first married Sarah BODEY on 14 June 1832 in Champaign County, Ohio. Sarah, who was known as Sally, died in June 1864. Peter and Sarah are buried in the Pring/Pence Cemetery, Willshire Township, Van Wert County, Ohio. After Sarah's death, Peter married Hannah Woolford KNAPP in 1865. [notes 1 and 2]
Peter and Sarah had 12 children, all born in Van Wert County, Ohio.
1. Margaret FRISINGER was born in 1836.
2. Catherine FRISINGER was born in 1838 and married Washington CASE.
3. John Lewis FRISINGER.
4. Mariah FRISINGER was born before 1840.
5. Andrew FRISINGER was born about 1844.
6. Martha FRISINGER was born about 1844, and died in May 1871. At age 26 she married David E. HAMMOND, who was born in 1839 in Pennsylvania and died in 1917 in Indiana. Martha is buried in the Pring/Pence Cemetery [note 2].
7. Elizabeth FRISINGER was born about 1848.
8. Sarah FRISINGER was born in December 1846, and died in November 1863. She is buried in the Pring/Pence Cemetery [note 3].
9. Hannah Amanda FRISINGER was born about 1850, and died in 1863 in Lima, Allen County, Ohio.
10. Mary Jane FRISINGER died 7 November 1851 at the age of 2 years, and is buried in the Pring/Pence Cemetery [note 3].
11. Jane FRISINGER was born about 1855, and died 7 November 1857 at the age of two years.
12. Laura FRISINGER was born about 1857.
13. Peter Jefferson FRISINGER lived in Ft. Wayne, Allen County, Indiana.
The children of Peter and Hannah are:
1. Simon FRISINGER who lived in Michigan.
2. Delmont FRISINGER who lived in Michigan.
Information on this site related to the Kear family is from The John Cears Kear Family compiled, written and edited by Donald L. Kear, copyright © 1984. Copyright © 2000 - 2006 by Donald L. Kear. All rights reserved. Portions of the pages on this site may be reproduced for nonprofit use only. Credit shall be given to the source.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids