Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Back to Main Page
To 1911 Worley's Dallas City Street Directory/Main Page

To Dallas City Street Name Changes, 1933-34
To Streets

1911
DALLAS STREET NAME CHANGES

(Source: Worley's General Directory of Greater Dallas, 1911, pp. 9 - 160)

ALLEN
(from Bryan to Ross ave. was formerly Texas)

ANNEX AVE. S.
(changed to Bank)

APPLE
(formerly Lucille)

ARGYLE AVE.
(changed to Oak Lawn ave.)

ARMSTRONG AVE.
(changed to Parry ave.)

ARTHUR AVE. (Oak Cliff)
(changed to Davis)

ASH LANE
(from Bank ave. [eastward] to end was formerly Jessie)

BANK AVE.
(from G C & S F Ry to Forney ave. was formerly S. Annex ave.)

BAYLOR
(formerly S. College ave.)

BEAUMONT
(beyond Park ave. [northeastward] was formerly Fisher Lane)

BELLE AVE.
(changed to Warren ave.)

BENSON
(from Pacific ave. to East Side ave. was formerly Kerr)

BEXAR
(formerly S. camp)

BIRCH
(formerly Willow)

BOLL
(beyond McKinney ave. [northwestward] was formerly Culberson)

BOREN
(changed to Worthington)

BOURBON
(from Pierce to Eakins was formerly Kaufman)

BOWLES
(was formerly Henderson)

BRADY
(was formerly Peabody ave.)

BROWN
(beyond Hood [northward] was formerly Routh)

BUENA VISTA
(changed to Masten)

BURFORD
(from Bryan to San Jacinto changed to Good)

BURNS
(changed to Willow)

BUTE
(was formerly 5th)

CADDO
(from Bryan to Juliette was formerly Lucille)

CADIZ
(beyond Harwood [eastward] was formerly Williams)

CALDWELL AVE.
(from G C & S F Ry to Orphan ave. was formerly S. Grigsby
ave.; from Orphan ave. to Forney was Lawrence; beyond Forney ave. [southeastward] was Durrett)

CAMP S.
(changed to Bexar)

CANTON E. AND W.
(changed to Canton)

CARONDELET
(changed to Ross ave.)

CASEY
(beyond S. Central [northeastward] was formerly Greer)

CEMETERY AVE.
(changed to Howell)

CENTRAL AVE.
(changed to Kimble)

CISCO N.
(was formerly Grigsby)

CISCO S.
(was formerly Grigsby)

CLARENCE
(beyond S. Central ave. [northeastward]
was formerly Orchard)

CLEVELAND
(beyond Forest ave. [southward] was formerly Hurst)

COLLEGE AVE. S.
(changed to Baylor ave.)

COOPER
(beyond H & T C R R [eastward] was formerly Margaret)

CORINTH
(beyond Latimer [eastward] was formerly Shotwell ave.)

COTTONWOOD LANE
(changed to Dale Alley)

CREEK
(formerly part of Sales)

CULBERSON AVE.
(changed to Boll)

DANIELS
(changed to Howell)

DUNDEE
(was formerly N. Duncan)

DURRETT
(changed to Caldwell)

EAGAN
(was formerly part of Sales)

ELLIS
(was formerly Thompson)

FIFTH
(changed to Bute)

FIRST
(changed to Wycliffe ave.)

FISHER LANE
(changed to Beaumont)

FLETCHER
(beyond Orphan ave. [southward] was formerly Wilson)

FLORENCE
(beyond Cantegral [northeastward] was formerly Liberty)

GANO
(from Wall to Gould was formerly Holland)

GARLAND AVE.
(beyond Bank ave. [northeastward] was formerly Sim ave.)

GARRETT AVE. S.
(changed to Barry)

GILLESPIE
(changed to Vine)

GOOD
(from Bryan to San Jacinto was formerly Burford)

GRAND AVE.
(beyond T & P Ry [northeastward] changed to Orphan ave.)

GREER
(changed to Casey)

GRIDLEY
(changed to Howell)

GRIGSBY AVE.
(to Gaston ave. changed to N. Ozone)

GRIGSBY AVE. S.
(changed to Caldwell)

GUILLOT
(changed to Trinidad)

GUNTER AVE.
(beyond Exposition ave. [eastward] changed to Gurley ave.)

GURLEY AVE.
(from T & P Ry to Carroll ave. was formerly 6th; from Carroll to Bank was Wheatherington, and from Bank to end was Gunter)

HARWOOD N.
(beyond Wichita [northwestward] changed to Rosewood)

HAWK
(changed to Jackson alley)

HENDERSON AVE. N.
(beyond Ross ave. [northwestward] changed to Bowles)

HOLLAND
(changed to Gano)

HOLLEMAN AVE.
(changed to Lenway)

HOWELL
(from McKinney ave. to Hall was formerly Cemetery ave.; beyond Hall [northeastward] was Gridley)

HUDSON
(was formerly part of San Jacinto)

HUFFMAN
(changed to Hallsville and Trinidad)

HUGHES
(was formerly Kerfoot)

HUGULEY
(changed to Casey)

HURST
(changed to Cleveland)

JACKSON ALLEY
(was formerly Hawk)

JEFFERSON AVE. S.
(beyond river [southward] changed to E, N, and W Jefferson)

JESSIE AVE.
(changed to Ash Lane)

JOHNSON
(from San Jacinto to Ross ave. was changed to Villars)

JONES
(changed to McKee)

JORDAN
(changed to Latimer)

JULIAN
(changed to Dawson)

JULIETTE
(beyond Hall [northeastward] changed to Munger ave.)

KAUFMAN
(changed to Bourbon)

KELLER AVE. (Oak Cliff)
(changed to Pembroke)

KERFOOT
(changed to Hughes)

KERR
(changed to Benson)

KIMBLE
(was formerly Central ave.)

KNIGHT
(from beginning [1 block nw of Maple ave.] to Dickason ave. was formerly Pendleton ave.)

LAMAR S.
(beyond Alexander ave. [southward] changed to Lamesa)

LAMESA
(was formerly part of S. Lamar)

LANDERS
(changed to Philip ave.)

LAWRENCE
(changed to Caldwell)

LEITH
(was formerly Maryland)

LENWAY
(beyond H & T C Ry [eastward] was formerly Holleman)

LIBERTY
(changed to Florence)

LUCILLE
(from Swiss to Live Oak changed to Apple; from Bryan to San Jacinto to Peach; from Ross to Munger, [changed] to Caddo)

MARGUERITE AVE.
(changed to Cooper)

MARTYN AVE.
(changed to Knight)

MARYLAND
(changed to Leith)

MASTEN
(beyond Wichita [northwestward] changed to Turney ave.)

MAYS AVE.
(beyond Grand ave. [southward] changed to Meadow)

McKEE
(from Wall to Gould was formerly Jones)

MEADOW
(was formerly Mays ave.)

MINNIE AVE.
(changed to Terry)

MULBERRY
(changed to Wall)

MUNGER AVE.
(from Hall to Carroll was formerly Juliette)

ORPHAN AVE.
(from T & P Ry to Forney ave. was formerly 7th; beyond Forney ave. [northeastward] was Grand ave.)

OSBORNE
(was formerly part of S. Boulevard)

OZONE N.
(was formerly Prairie)

PARK ROW
(from Gould to Cleveland was changed to Thevenet)

PARNELL
(beyond S. Boulevard [southeastward] changed to Whitaker)

PARRY AVE.
(from Exposition ave. to Haskell ave. was formerly Armstrong ave.; from Carroll to Bank was Wm. Ashe)

PEABODY AVE.
(beyond Trunk ave. [eastward] changed to Brady)

PECOS
(was formerly part of Gordon)

PENDLETON AVE.
(changed to Knight)

PHILIP
(from Carroll to Bank was formerly Landers; beyond Bank was Sanger ave.)

PORTER
(changed to Taylor)

PRAIRIE AVE.
(from Columbia ave. to Gaston changed to Ozone)

PROSPECT
(changed to Race)

RACE
(from Commerce to Main was formerly Prospect)

REEVES
(changed to Romine)

ROMINE AVE.
(from S. Central ave. to Oakland ave. was formerly Reeves)

ROSEWOOD
(formerly N. Harwood)

ROSS AVE.
(part west of Austin was formerly Carondelet)

ROUTH
(14th street northeast of N. Lamar, beginning at Cochran, extending northwest to M K & T Ry (beyond changed to Brown)

RUNNELS
(from Bourbon to Eakins was formerly Sutton)

ST. MARY'S AVE.
(south of G C & S F Ry was formerly S. Garrett ave.)

SALE
(from Fairmount to Congress changed to Eagan)

SAN JACINTO
(5th street north of Main, beginning at N. Akard, extending east to Garrett ave. (beyond changed to Hudson)

SCURRY
(formerly Virginia ave.)

SECOND (Oak Lawn)
(changed to Herschel)

SEVENTH
(changed to Orphan ave.)

SHOTWELL
(changed to Corinth)

SIM AVE.
(changed to Garland)

SIXTH
(changed to Turney ave.)

SOUTH BOULEVARD
(from 4th to Exposition ave. changed to Osborne)

STATE
(changed to Foreman)

SUTTON
(changed to Runnels)

TAYLOR
(beyond Kaufman [eastward] was formerly Porter)

TERRY
(beyond Henderson ave. [eastward] was formerly Minnie ave.)

TEXAS
(beyond Bryan [northwestward] changed to Allen)

THEVENET
(was formerly part of Park Row)

THIRD (Oak Lawn addition)
(changed to Prescott ave.)

THOMPSON
(from Cochran to Thomas ave. was changed to Ellis)

TRINIDAD
(from Routh to Allen was formerly Guillot; from Allen to Clark was Huffman)

TURNEY AVE.
(was formerly part of Masten)

VERA
(changed to Caddo)

VILLA
(changed to Villars)

VILLARS
(from Bryan to San Jacinto was formerly Villa; beyond San Jacinto [northwestward] was Johnson)

VINE
(changed to Latimer)

VINE
(beyond Laclede [northwestward] was formerly Gillespie)

VIRGINIA AVE.
(from Peak to Carroll was changed to Scurry)

WALL
(from Cadiz to Belleview was formerly Mulberry)

WARREN AVE.
(from Holmes to H & T C Ry was formerly Belle ave.)

WENDELL AVE.
(changed to Cooper)

WESLEY
(changed to Wesley alley)

WHEATHERINGTON
(changed to Gurley ave.)

WHITTAKER
(from S. Boulevard to Forest ave. was formerly Parnell)

WILLIAM ASH
(changed to Parry)

WILLIAMS
(from Harwood to H & T C R R changed to Cadiz)

WILLOW
(from Exposition ave. to Pacific ave. was formerly Burns; beyond Carroll ave. [northeastward] changed to Birch)

WILSON
(changed to Fletcher)

WORTHINGTON
(beyond McKinney ave. [northwestward] was formerly Boren)