LOCATION / DIRECTIONS: 3100 block at Scyene Road: Northwest of intersection of Scyene Road and Buckner Blvd.
(Dallas MAPSCO 48U)
PLEASANT MOUND CEMETERY
At the intersection of two well-traveled pioneer roads, now Buckner Blvd. and Scyene Rd., this cemetery serves as a reflection of the heritage of this area. Burials took place on the property as early as 1869, but the first marked grave, that of William L. Knox, dates to 1881. In that year, Newton and Catherine (Beeman) Hustead formally donated the land to the Pleasant Mound Methodist church for use as a cemetery. Over the years, additional acreage was added to the cemetery, which has been maintained by the Pleasant Mound Cemetery Association since 1906.
MAP: (Courtesy of MapQuest.com)
COPYRIGHT NOTICE : In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this publication is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for nonprofit research and educational purposes only.
( Ref. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml )
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids