Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

To Dallas County Archives Main Page

L. E. HUNTER GROCERY & DRUG STORE,
4816-18 East Grand Ave., East Dallas, circa 1910
(Courtesy of A. C. Morgan)

(click here for enlarged view)

The store was operated by Lucy E. (Mrs. John) Hunter, and was in operation as early as 1909. The drug store was located on the right side of the building. There was a partition down the center of the store, separating the drugs from the groceries. The store was located across from O. M. Roberts Elementary School. The Hunters lived at 1309 Rowan, located behind the grocery.


(click here for enlarged view)

Interior of the drug store.


(click here for enlarged view)

Abstract of Title #37887, dated 11 May 1921 for C.E. Eubanks, that indicates when she purchased the land the stores are on.  Block 9 of D Rowan's Addition to East Dallas, conveyed from Luther B. Lewis to Lucy E. Hunter, dated 27 Jan 1915, filed 8 Feb 1915, recorded in Book 638, p. 649, Deed Records, Dallas County, TX.