Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Steamboat Building in Elizabeth, PA

A Journal of daily activities at the Elizabeth Marine Ways 1898 to 1925 

1923

Home ] Up ] 1920 ] 1921 - 1922 ] [ 1923 ]

 

 

Below is one entry for each page listed. Click on the date below to see the complete journal page for that time period.

1923... Steamer Rover is renamed Cruiser after major rebuilding, all dimensions are given 

January 2,1923...Bob Eberhart is Captain of the new Steamer Cruiser, one of the last wooden boats

January 10,1923...Repairs to Ways docks and shafting takes place

February 1,1923...650 bushels of coal are unloaded for use at the Ways

February 16,1923...Converse Contracting company buys Collier #4 and four flats

March 1,1923...The Mine Department gets anew pump boat with a cabin and skylights

March 21,1923...William Shaw is Captain of the Steamer Ranger

April 4,1923...Wrecked Model Barge below the Ways is dynamited 

April 23,1923...Steamer Elizabeth Smith is repaired from stem to stern

May 1923...Painting roofs at Ways buildings

July 1923...Old Pump Boat #92 is ready for 620 bu of sawdust

August 1923... Landing floats at the Ways sink

September 1,1923...Chas Foreman is Captain of the Steamer Conqueror

September 12,1923...Timber raft is unloaded,52 logs, mostly white oak

November 1,1923...Steamer Beacon has extensive repairs, "HE" is in fine shape

November 27,1923...Chimneys are shortened on Steamer Ranger

December 1923...Phil Kassart is owner of Dredge Frankfort

Back Home Up