Oakwood Park was located in the valley behind Glaser's. It existed from 1896 to 1907. It was built at a streetcar turnaround. The streetcar company [Pittsburg and West End Passage Railway ] wanted people to ride to the end of the line on weekends, so they built amusement parks there to attract riders. This park had a pavilion, a small Ferris wheel, small rides, and a lake for boating in the summer and ice skating in the winter. People would ride a street car to the park and spend the day. Oakwood Park flooded and was never rebuilt. The city leveled it in 1933.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids