Craterville, named for a meteor crater in the Wichita Mountains, existed in the present-day Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. After the refuge took over the land, the park moved to a location two miles east of Lugert. (this location and information seems elusive) Besides the usual amusement park amenities, Craterville hosted rodeos and the All-Indian Fair and Exposition that began in 1924 and moved to Anadarko in 1935 as the American Indian Exposition. Craterville closed in the mid-1950s, and the land was bought by Fort Sill. Eagle Park opened a year later. A little north of the defunct Craterville site, Eagle Park endured until 1986. It had the usual amusement park fare, but transplanted over twenty historic buildings from Comanche County, including Quanah Parker's 1884 "Star House." Medicine Park, opened in 1908 as a resort and health spa, was also an early version of a water amusement park with slides, diving boards, and a pavilion.
Craterville Park was originally located 5 miles north of Cache, Oklahoma and operated from Aug. 4, 1924 to Aug. 31, 1933. When the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge expanded, the park moved to a new location 2 miles west of Lugert, Oklahoma.
It seems FACT Craterville Park opened in 1924 and closed in 1933. (due to Depression so they say). As to later dates perhaps this was Craterville Park when it moved to Lugert. Then Lugert is now a GHOST TOWN underneath a lake. So more info needed on this Park.
Lugert, Oklahoma is a ghost town now. The Kiowa County Oklahoma town sits at the bottom of Lake Altus (locally called Lake Lugert). Founded in 1901, the town at one time boasted a population of between 400 and 500 souls. The town was named in honor of a prominent local merchant, who was the town’s founder, Frank Lugert.