Chapter Six The Ullom Family
*Stephen Ullom is listed55 as a member of
Company C of the 2nd
* *George Ullom was born in Virginia, now West
Virginia, in 1779. It is possible that he is the George Ullom who helped build
the Courthouse in
George Ullom’s wife was
Margaret Bowen’s and her family is traced to 1585 in
Rachel Ullom’s, mother, Eleanor Mitchell Ullom, was the daughter of Thomas Mitchell III born in 1772 and Eleanor Hill, born in 1776. Both of her parents are buried in Monroe County161.
The George S. Ullom Family52,53,124
of the information concerning the Ancestors of Rachel Ullom has been
obtained from the sources on One World Tree on Ancestry.com. Two Family trees are
used extensively as prime sources. These family trees are the “Families of
As already mentioned, Stephen Ullom, born 23 Mar 1815 and died 13 Nov 1862, was the son of George S. Ullom*** and Margaret Bowen. George’s parents were Peter Ulm Ullom and Margaretha Smith. In the next several pages many of George Stephen Illom’s descendants will be covered.
(References number 52, 53 and 124 apply to all the members of the Ullom Family covered below. Other pertinent references will be listed when appropriate.)
Ullom52, 124 was born on 31 Oct 1779 in
Isaac 27 Aug 1802
Jacob 14 Dec 1803
Elijah 27 Mar 1805
William W. 14 Oct 1806
Peter 10 Apr 1808
Daniel Thompson 23 Dec 1809
Rachel Bowen 16 Sep 1811
Stephen 23 Mar 1813
John 8 Dec 1814
Mary Ann 4 Jul 1818
Sarah 25 Jun 1820
Jesse Bowen 16 July 1822
Thompson Abt 1825
2. Isaac Ullom ( George
S)52,53 , born 27 Aug 1802 in Greene, PA and died on 12 Aug 1845 in Des
Moines, Iowa. On 21 Mar 1821 he married Margaret Bayard born on 4 Feb
Ezra Jan 1822
Samuel Bayard 19 Aug 1825
Perry 1 Oct 1830
Bowen 7 Aug 1833
George Washington 20 Feb 1839
Andrew Wolf 31 Jul 1842
Clorinda 19 Feb 1845
Samuel Bayard Ullom( George, Isaac)52,53 born 19 Aug 1825 in
Greene, PA died 8 Jul 1888 in McArthur, Ohio married Jane Thorp, born in
1831 in Indiana and died 1 Nov 1912, in McArthur, Ohio. The marriage date was
20 Apr 1847 in
Samuel was a carpenter as was his son Sanford.
Children: Birth About
Sara Margaret 1855
Perry Bayard 1859
Mary A. 1864
Samuel B 1866
Helen MacBeth 1870
All dates and births verified by the 1850-1910 Federal Census documents.
4. Sanford Ullom, (George, Isaac, Samuel), b. abt 1852, married Alice Winters born abt 1855 and in 1880 they have a daughter and a son and are living next to Sanford’s parents.
Mary Agnes Abt1877
Charles Foster Abt1879
Lelie Hattie 9 Aug 1882125
Emma Abt 1884
5. Hattie Ullom,
(George, Isaac, Samuel, Sanford), b. 9 Aug 1882, married Jacob Terance Foreman, born
on 18 Sep 1878 in Ohio40. They were married on 9 Aug
1902125. In 1930, Jacob owned
a transfer company and lived in Hocking,
Perley Herbert Abt 1903 Ohio136
Perley Herbert Foreman, (George, Isaac, Samuel, Sanford, Hattie), b. abt
1903, married Mona born about 1908 in
5. Emma Ullom, (George,
Isaac, Samuel, Sanford), b. abt 1884, is in
Elizabeth Ullom, (George, Isaac, Samuel), married Joseph E. King
b.Aug 1853. In the 1900 census they are living in Elk,
Charles L. Aug 1881
Elmer F. Jun 1885
5. Lawrence Earle King, ((George, Isaac,
Samuel, Elizabeth), b. 28 May 1887 in McArthur, Vinton, OH, married
Emma,b. abt 1897 in Ohio and d. 31 Jul 1982 in Columbus, OH. They were
married on about 1925 in
Cynthia Ullom, (George, Isaac, Samuel), b. abt 1850, is still with the
family in 1870 at the age of 20 and is a school teacher. One un-named tree on
ancestry.com states that she married Sanford Winters but there is no
sign of this family in the Federal Census for 1880-1910. It is also interesting
that Cynthia’s brother was named
4. Sara Margaret Ullom53,53, (George, Isaac, Samuel), b. Mar 1856, d. 7 Nov 1933, married Charles Watson Winters ,born on 8 Mar 1848 and died 29 Jun 1907 (both in McArthur). They were married on 7 May 1879.
Mary Abt 1877
Bertha Margaret Nov 1879
Herbert Jun 1881
Inez Ethel 2 Aug 1884
Freda Aug 1891
Helen Jun 1892
Donald Jun 1894
and 1900 census of
4. Lena May Ullom, (George, Isaac, Samuel), b. Mar 1873 married Edward Thomason born in Aug 1871 and died Between 1901 and 1910.In 1910 Lena is the head of the family and Mary J. Ullom age 80, is living with her and her three children. (1910 census)
Clarence Aug 1893
Edna L. Oct 1897
3. George Washington
Ullom (George S., Isaac)52,53 born 20 Feb 1839 in PA and died 30 Oct 1906. In
1880 George has only a daughter Nancy Elizabeth living with him in
Nancy Elizabeth Abt 1866,
3. Andrew Wolf Ullom( George S., Isaac)52,53 b. 31 Jul 1842 d. 23 Sep 1933, married Eleanor Jane Tucker, born on 5 Nov 1841 and died on 3 May 1894. They were married on 31 Dec 1874 and they had six children*.
Mary Elliot 7 Dec 1875-26 Aug 1974
Josephus Tucker 4 Oct 1877
Sarah Margaret 15 Feb 1880
Helen McBeth Nov 1881
Jane Bayard 26 Jan 1884
Charlotte D. Jan 1887
1900 Census of
4. Mary Elliott Ullom,
(George S., Isaac, Andrew W.), b. 7 Dec 1875 married David H. Thomas (born
in Feb 1871) around 1901 in either
Children: Born Abt
Andrew Ullom 1902
John Bayard 1905
Josephus Tucker 1915
5. Andrew Ullom Thomas,
(George S., Isaac, Andrew W.), b. abt 1902, is in
4. Josephus T Ullom, (George S., Isaac, Andrew
W.), b. 4
Oct 1877, married Selena Paterson Hughes, born about 1871, in Oct 1908
in Athens, Ohio96. They are next found in
Margaret 22 Dec 191096
3. Chlorinda Ullom
(George S., Isaac)52,53, born 19 Feb 1845 died 3 Sep
1904, married Patrick Murdock born Jun 1843, Ohio, and died 1907. They
were married about 1865 in
Margaret Adale Jul 1867
John Blackett Sep 1868
George Patrick May 1875
Mary Effie Jun 1870
Sarah Jane Oct 1871
Lloyd Andrew Apr 1873
Amy Ellen Mar 1877
Frank Bayard Oct 1878
Fannie Grace After 1880 *
* Reference 52 lists this person but she never appears in a census.
children were born in
Lloyd Andrew Murdock52,53, (George S., Isaac,
Chlorinda), b. Apr 1873 in Ohio, married
Norma Bolar, born abt 1887 in Ohio. They were married about 1908 and
moved to Columbus,
Children: Born Abt
were born in
Evelyn Murdock52, (George S., Isaac, Chlorinda, Lloyd A.), b.
abt 1913 in
4. George Patrick
Murdock52, (George S., Isaac, Chlorinda), born in May 1875 , married Lenora B. Trainer,
born about 1887 in
Frances Myrtle Abt 1908
George McClellan Abt 1910
All children found in 1920 and 1930 census records.
5. Bayard Hoyt Murdock, (George S., Isaac, Chlorinda, George Murdock), married Lelah May Gettles52.
Michael Bayard Unk
Paul Robinson Murdock, (George S.,
Isaac, Chlorinda, George Murdock), in
John Blackett Murdock52, (George S., Isaac, Chlorinda),
born Sep1868 and died in 1942 married Wanda Shields born abt. 1889. In
the 1920 and 1930 census records they are in
2. Jacob Ullom (George
S.)52,53, born 14 Dec 1803 in Greene, PA, died on 6 Apr 1879 in Swan, Vinton, Ohio,
married Margaret Mitchell born in PA in1802 and died after Jul 1852 in Vinton. They were married in 1850 in
George Abt 1825
Jesse 6 Jul 1828
Ezra Abt 1830
William 1 Jan 1832
Lucinda Abt 1832
Nancy Ellen 17 Oct 1833
Margaret 17 Oct 1833
Elijah Abt 1840
* With this family in 1850 but listed at the end behind younger Ullom’s so she may not have been a member of this family.
Research in Monroe County Ohio by Fedorchak, Catharine F., volume 6, page
98-100, July 21, 1852
Petition to complete contract - Thomas Mitchell, administrator vs. Margaret Ullom and Jacob her husband of Vinton Co. Ohio, Elizabeth Bottenfield, Rebecca Jane Bottenfield, Margaret Bottenfield, Nancy Ellen Bottenfield of Vinton Co., Ohio, Shadrach Bottenfield of Greene Co., Pa., minor heirs of Samuel Bottenfield, deceased and Isaac Bottenfield, William Bottenfield, Hiram Bottenfield, Mary Ann Dickey and Samuel Dickey her husband of Monroe Co. will take notice that Thomas Mitchell, administrator of the estate of Samuel Bottenfield, deceased filed a petition against them to be authorized to complete a certain contract for the sale of land executed by said decedent in his lifetime to one Peter Stine.
would appear the Margaret Mitchell Bottenfield was the wife of Rev. Samuel
Bottenfield and he had died 23 March 1848 and Margaret married Jacob Ullom
after 20 Mar 1851 and before July 1853 according to the reference above which
shows suits filed against the estate of Samuel Bottenfield. Since the Bottenfields lived in
George Ullom52,53, (George S., Jacob), born abt 1825
and died bet. 1858-1860, married Druzilla Speed, born abt 1826 in
is living with George (67) and Mary (62) in Elk,
Sarah Ellen Abt 1846*- 17 Mar 1944
Margaret Abt 1854*
Nancy Bell Abt 1857*
George Washington 25 Jul 1859*52,53
4. Sarah Ellen Ullom, (George S., Jacob, George), born 1846, died 17 Mar 1944 married Jasper N. Dillon, born about 1845. Marriage date was between 1860 and 1863. Jasper is with the family in 1880 but the family cannot be found after this date until Sarah Ellen appears in the 1930 census with daughter Lillie D. Swain.
Lilly D. Abt 1866
Lilly D. Dillon (George S., Jacob, George, Sarah E.), b. abt 1866,
married Unknown Swain. (1930 census of
Ella D. May 1868*
Maggie B. Abt 1872**
Archie W Abt 1873**
Anthony W Abt 1874**
Edward W. Abt Dec 1879*
* 1880 Census ** 1900 census
5. Ella D Bratton,
(George S., Jacob,
3. Jesse Ullom52,53,
(George S., Jacob), born 6 Jul 1828, died 16 Mar 1907,
married Semelia Brine born May 1829 and died 25 Jun 1913 in Athens,
Ohio. They were married 11 Dec 186197. In the
Albert L. Ullom Abt 1866
4. Albert Ullom, (George S., Jacob, Jesse), b. abt 1866, was found in 1910 married to Flora McGillvary in McArthur, Vinton, Ohio. He is a barber. They were married on 31 Jan 1895. He is listed as dying in 1920 and Flora died in 194752. No children were found.
Ezra Ullom52,53, (George S., Jacob), born abt. 1830
married Lucinda Dowd born abt. 1832. Marriage date was 7 Apr 1950. In
the census of 1860 Ezra and family are in
Marinda A. Abt 1851
Harvey R. Abt 1853
Helen M. Abt 1855
1870 they are in
Mary (Marinda with wrong age)
The family cannot be found after 1880.
4. Harvey R. Ullom, (George S., Jacob,
Jesse), married Unknown* born about 1867 in
* No name listed. ** Wife’s parents were born in PA.
3. William Ullom52,53, (George S., Jacob), born
1 Jan 1832 and died 6 Jun 1893, married Hannah Dowd, born abt. 1835.
They were married on 10 Aug 1854 in
Children: Born About
Hannah F. 1855
Jacob M. 1857
Clara A 1860
William K 1861
Ida S. 1863
Etta J 1865
Homer N. 1867
Charles W. 1869
3. Lucinda Ullom, (George S., Jacob), born abt 1833, married John M. Stockman, born abt 1830. They were married on 8 Sep 1850 in Darke, Ohio52,53. This family cannot be found in any census.
3. Nancy Ellen Ullom,98
, (George S., Jacob), born 17 Oct 1833 died 29 Jul 1916, married Samuel D. Gill, born 18
Nov 1827 in Vinton, OH and died 12 Jun
1907 in Wayne, IL. Marriage date was 9 Mar 1851. After 1859 they moved from
John 1 Sep 1853
Elizabeth 22 Oct 1855
Rose B 1 may 1857
Joseph H. 22 July 1859
Anthony 31 Aug 1861
George W. 25 Jul 1864 Ill.
Banker 7 Nov 1867
Brissenden 31 Dec 1869
Minnie 27 Jul 1873
Samuel S. 10
4. Lydia M. Gill, (George S., Jacob, Nancy E.), born 11 Dec 1851, died 12 Jan 1926, married William Hubble, born 29 Sep 1849. Marriage date was 11 Jul 1872 in Wayne County, IL. (1880 census)
Lillie 23 Feb 1873
Lucy Abt 1875
William Clarence Abt 1881
Emma 18 Mar 1882
4. John Gill, (George S., Jacob, Nancy E.), born 1 Sep 1853 died Feb 1931 married Emma J. Wilson, born abt 1858, in Wayne , IL. Marriage date was 20 Feb 1879.
Minnie Maude 20 Feb 1880
Homer W. 14 Nov 1881
Edna 19 May 1894
Ethel Gill 21 Oct 1896
In 1900 Emma is not with the family and possibly died between 21 Oct 1896 and 11 Jun 1900.
4. Mary Elizabeth Gill98, (George S., Jacob, Nancy E.), born 22 Oct 1855 died 20 Dec 1947, married Robert Francis Campbell, born 10 Nov 1842. Marriage date was 14 May 1873.
Jonathan Scott 28 Dec 1873
Emma 8 Mar 1875
Nellie 17 Jul 1877
Richard Moffett 27 Aug 1880
Laura Bell 6 Sep 1881
All these children were born in Wayne County, IL. In 1880 Emma is not with the family. In 1900 they list their birth month and years as follows.
Robert F Nov 1847 NY-IRE-IRE
Mary E Oct 1857
1920 they are in
5. John Scott Campbell, (George S., Jacob, Nancy E. Mary E. Gill), born in 1873, married Cynthia, born about 1878, and they have one child. Opal age 2. Marriage date is about 1907 (1910 census Wayne County, IL).
Opal Abt 1908
4. Rose B. Gill98 , (George S., Jacob, Nancy E.,), born 1 May 1857, died 3 Jan 1939, married Peter D. Banker, born 18 Oct 1851 in Preble Co., Ohio. They were married on 16 Feb 1875 in Wayne County, IL.
Drusilla 1 Nov 1875
Flora Abt 1879 Wayne, IL
Joseph Wilbur 11 Apr 1883 Osceola, IO
Samuel Denias 2 Sep 1884 Osceola, IO
1900 the family is in
Samuel Gill, (George S., Jacob, Nancy E., Rose B. Gill), married Cora,
born about 1887, and they have a son Charles, born about 1907 and they are in Tacoma,
Washington. They cannot be found after that but a Sam Banker and Cora are in
Joseph Gill, (George S., Jacob, Nancy E., Rose B. Gill), married
Mabel Ridge, born in
Edward J. Abt 1914
Drusilla Gill, (George S., Jacob, Nancy E., Rose B. Gill), married Mr.
Abbott and is in
4. Joseph H. Gill98, (George S., Jacob, Nancy
E.), born 22 Jul 1859 in Wayne, Il., died 17 Jan 1921 in
Gill 12 Jun 1889
Sidney J. Mar 1892 Osceola, Iowa
Thelma 15 Mar 1862 Osceola, Iowa
George Gill is an attorney in
1900, Joseph’s birth was listed as Jul 1860 and
4. Jacob Anthony Gill98,
(George S., Jacob, Nancy E.), born 31 Aug 1861 in
Ernest 22 Nov 1882
Paul 22 Jan 1889
Pearl 1 Feb 1897
Orval Ernest Gill, (George S., Jacob, Nancy E. Jacob A. Gill), married
Vera Mabel Rising119 on 22 Nov 1892 in
4. George W Gill98,
(George S., Jacob, Nancy E.), was born 25 Jul 1864 in
Mabel Lily 17 Nov 1892
James Samuel 21 May 1895
Joseph Robert 14 Jul 1901
Laura Mae 29 Sep 1904
George Pearly 30 Mar 1907
Glen Wilson 20 Aug 1910
5. James Samuel Gill,
(George S., Jacob, Nancy E., George W. Gill), married Edna M. Johnson119,
born abt 1894 in
James is a farmer.
Joseph Robert Gill, (George S., Jacob, Nancy E., George W. Gill), married
Amy, born abt 1902 in
Joesph owns his own farm and brother George Pearly Gill, a car salesman, lives with him and his family.
5. Glen Wilson Gill, (George S., Jacob, Nancy E George W. Gill), is unmarried in 1930 and is farming to support his mother.
4. Sally Brissenden Gill98, (George S., Jacob, Nancy
E.), born 31 Dec 1869 in Wayne, IL and died 31 Mar 1945 in Wayne, IL,
married Thomas Hayward Tetrick born 28 Dec 1865 in Wayne, IL and died on
24 Jul 1946 in Clay, IL. They were married on 7 Aug 1888 in
Children: Born - Died
Samuel Otis 26 Feb 1889-23 Mar 1947
Josephine Pearl 4 Aug 1893-28 Oct 1958
Lourette 5 May 1895-16 Jul 1897
Fay 9 May 1897-8 Jun 1917
Minnie Nancy 11 Sep 1898-22 Sep 1970
Minda 11 Sep 1898-31 Jul 1980
Baby Tetrick 19 Jul 1911-19 Jul 1911
4. Minnie Gill98 , (George S., Jacob,
Nancy E.), born on 27 Jul 1873 in Wayne, IL and died on 28 Dec 1906 in
Clay, IL married Harvey Jay Clifford Wilkin born on 30 Aug 1869 in
Hardin, OH and died 3 Oct 1953 in Champaign, IL. They were married on 5 Apr
Children: Born- Died
Lieutilla 30 Jul 1890-24 Sep 1991
Etta 22 Jul 1895-14 Oct 1899
Edna 22 Jul 1895-6 Dec 1977
Sallie 12 Apr 1898-12 Apr 1958
Victor Jay 18 Jul 1903-Abt 1998
Lottie May 30 Jan 1905-3 Feb 1979
5. Lieutilla Wilkin, (George S., Jacob, Nancy E., Minnie Gill), b. 30 Jul 1890, d 24 Sep 1991, married Bert Lee Thompson, born 28 Mar 1877 in Hardin, Ohio, on 31 Oct 1921 in Hardin, Ohio.
a divorce Lieutilla married Chauncy Earl Bates on 17 Apr 1953 in
5. Edna Wilken, (George S., Jacob, Nancy E., Minnie Gill), b. 2 Sep 1891 d. 2 Sep 1891, married John Russell Meneley born 27 Jun 1896 in Champaign, IL., on 14 Mar 1923 in Akron, Summit County, OH.
4. Samuel Scott Gill, (George S., Jacob,
Nancy E.) ,born 10 Nov 1875 in Wayne, IL
and died 4 Jan 1946 in Richland, IL, married Louretta Hubble158
born 4 Jul 1878 in Wayne, IL. They were married on 29 Sep 1895 in
Henry 22 Jul 1896- 20 Dec 1992
Lucy 9 Oct 1903- 21 Sep 1987
3. Margaret Ullom52,53 , (George S., Jacob, )born
17 Oct 1833 in Athens , Ohio and died 16 Feb 1916 in Clay, IL, married Andrew
M. Gill, born 6 Mar 1834 in Athens, Ohio and died 14 Nov 1881 in Wayne, IL.
They were married on 9 Mar 1854 in
Jacob U Abt 1858 in OH -Abt 1930 in IL
Clarissa 13 May 1860 I OH-4 Aug 1910 in IL
Joseph G. 1863 in
Lucy 1864 Vinton, OH-
Jacob U.Gill, (George S., Jacob, Margaret), married Anna W. Arnold born abt 1866 in
Vinton, Oh and died abt 1930 in Clay , IL. They were married on 1 Jan 1883 in
James P. Abt 1833 in IL.
6. James P. Gill, George S., Jacob, Margaret), married Hattie C. Gill born abt 1884 in IL and died abt 1930 in Clay, IL. The marriage was abt 1907 in IL.
Robert D 25 Mar 1910 in
Edward J. Abt 1911
3 . Elijah Ullom, (George
born about 1840 in
2. Elijah Ullom52,53 , (George S.), was born in Green County, PA on 27 Mar 1805 (4 Mar 1804)126 and died in Monroe County on 6 Oct 1866126. There is some confusion about who he married. In the 1840 Census of Monroe County he has a family consisting of 5 males and 3 females. Using the 1850 Census the various family members can be accounted for as shown above.
2 under 5 years ( Isaac and Shadrack)
1 under 10 Years (
1 10-15 years ( Unknown)
1 30- 40 years (Elijah )
1 under 5 (Lucinda)
1 10-15 ( Unknown
1 30-40 (Presumed to be Elizabeth52)*
* Elizabeth Sellars
considered by most sources to be the 30-40 year old wife of Elijah but there is some evidence to question
this conclusion. First, she would have been 43 in 1840. Secondly, a marriage
has been found15 which shows that Elijah Ullom married Elizabeth
Sellars on 20 or 21 Dec 1846 in
Franklin (Frank) Ullom b. Abt 1834
Shederach (Shed) Ullom b: Abt 1836
Lucinda Ullom b: Abt 1838
Isaac Ullom b: Abt 1840
Mary Ullom b: Abt 1842
William Ullom b: Abt 1828 in
* See following information about this person
3. William Ullom,
(George S., Elijah) is not found in any family tree as the descendant of Elijah. He was born
abt 1828 in
Franklin Ullom b. Abt 1850
Elizabeth Sarah Ullom b. 20 Dec 1852- 6 Sep 1928
Harvey Ullom b. Abt 1853
Mary E. Ullom b. Abt 1858
Anna Ullom b. Abt 1961
Minerva Ullom b: Abt 1863
likely all were born in
4. Elizabeth Sarah Ullom52,53,
(George S., Elijah, William), b. 20 Dec 1952, d: 6 Sep 1928 in
Emma O. 23 Jul 1874 Green,
William Cyrus 17 Sep 1876 Green, Monroe
George Thomas 5 May 1887 Green, Monroe
Estella Janett 7 Oct 1891 Green,
Birth Records of
** 1900 Fed. Census
The family was not listed in the 1880 Census. In 1900 in Green Township Emma O. Edgar is also a servant with the Isaac Fox Family so she was counted twice.
her death cert this Elizabeth Ullom Edgar’s parents were William
Ullom and Eleanor Swart(h)wood and
It is still not proven that William is the son of Elijah, but as mentioned above there is circumstantial evidence that appears to make it likely.
5. William Cyrus Edgar, (George S., Elijah,
William, Elizabeth S), b. 17 Sep 1875 in Ohio40, d. 7 Aug 1966
is a William C. Edgar in
5. George Thomas Edgar, (George S., Elijah,
William, Elizabeth S), b.5 may 1887,
Also living with Geroge was an Uncle, Harvey Ullom, Wd., age 78. 1930 cesnus.
4. Franklin Ullom52,53, (George S., Elijah,
William), born in Mar 1850 married Nancy J. Cline born in Oct 1849.
They were married in
Minnie May b: 11 Nov 1881
Thomas W b: 11 Jan 1885
4. Harvey Ullom, (George
S., Elijah, William), was born about 1854 in
4. Mary Ellen Ullom,
(George S., Elijah, William), born in Feb 1859 in
Nettie L 3 Jun 1883,
Anna M. 13 Mar 1887,
Everett 2 Sep 1890,
Thomas W Jan 1885
5. Everett R. Wayne,
(George S., Elijah, William, Mary Ellen), b. 2 Sep 1890 in Monroe County, married Chloe
Fisher, 2 Sep1894 in Monroe County, Ohio. They were married in
Virgil Abt 1912
5. Nettie L. Wayne,
(George S., Elijah, William, Mary Ellen), b. 3 Jun 1883 Monroe County, Ohio d. 21 Aug
1959 in Alameda, California, married Arthur
H. Vermillion, b. abt 1833 in WV. They were married between 1919 and 1920
but probably not in
4. Nancy Anna Ullom,
(George S., Elijah, William), born Abt 1861 in
4. Minerva Ullom,
(George S., Elijah, William), born in Mar 1863 married Addison A. Elrod
born in Jun 1857 in
Alva E Dec
Deforest: Feb 1883 in
William J. May 1885 in PA
Harry Jan 1889 in PA
Homer May 1891 in PA
Bertha Nov 1988 in PA
Mary E. May 1900 in PA
5. Alva E. Elrod, (George S., Elijah,
William, Minerva), b. 31 Dec 188176 in
Children: Born About (1920 Census)
5. William John Elrod, (George S., Elijah,
William, Minerva), b. 31 May 1885 in PA, married Sanna, born abt 1886 in
PA. In 1920 William is a cooper in a barrel house. In 1910 the family was in
Children: Born About
5. Harry Elrod, (George S., Elijah, William, Minerva), b. 22 Jan 1889, married Anna. In 1942 they are in Fairfax, VA76.
5. Homer Elrod, (George S., Elijah, William, Minerva), was born on 16 May 1891 in PA76.
2. William W. Ullom52,99, (George S), born 14
Oct 1806 in
Abt 1831 in
Job Smith 18 Feb 1837 in
Elihu M. 16 Oct. 1839
Sylvanus Abt 1841 in
Margaret Abt 1843 in
Catherine Abt 1845 in
Sarah C. ABT 1838 in
William Abt 1849 in
entire family, shown above, can be found in the 1850 census in Perry,
3. Job Smith Ullom52, 177 , (George S., William W.), born 18 Feb 1837 in Monroe, OH, died 1 Apr 1918 in Antioch, Monroe County, married Mary Eickleberry born 19 Dec 1840 in Benton, Monroe, Ohio. They were married on 19 Mar 1859.
In 1860 census of Perry Monroe, Job is married and perhaps his brother, Elihu*, age 20, is living with the family. Job is 23 and Mary is 19.
* In the Census it was spelled Elirusha and he was a blacksmith.
1870 Job and Mary have two children and are in
Martha 27 Mar1867
William Byron 6 May1869
Henry E. 22 Jul 1871
Joseph O. 1875
Mary J. 2 Feb 1878
ClaraBell (Nancy B). 28 Jan (May) 1880*
the 1880 Census there is a Clarabelle and this name also appears in reference
52. As far as I can determine Clarabell must be Nancy B. Ullom born on 28
Jan1880 in Jackson Township18 and appears as N. B. Ullom and is the
daughter of Job and Mary. Also, in the census there is a notation saying May,
in the age slot for Clarabell. In Monroe County Birth Records, I can only find
Henry, Mary and Nancy.
1880 the family is in
abt 1901. In 1920, Job and Mary, can not be found in the Census. A Mary Ullom
4. Mary J. Ullom52, (George S., William W.,
Job), b. 2 Feb 1878 in Ohio, married John Lorhi , (Lohri), b. Oct
1875 in Ohio. They were married on 25 May 1898 in Monroe County16.
William Ullom applied for the marriage License. In 1900, John Lohni (should be
Lohri) and Mary J. are in
Dortha L. Aug 1898
Clarence May 1900
Mary C. Abt 1904
John Donald Abt 1906
Margaret Lucille. Abt 1910
1920 and 1930, a granddaughter names Rose Juanita Dreyer, b. abt 1916 in
5. Margaret Lucille Lohri, (George S., William W., Job, Mary J.), b. abt 1910 in Monroe County, Ohio married Lawrence E Baker, b. abt 1907 in Ohio.
4. Nancy Belle Ullom52,110, (George S., William W.,
Job), b. 28 May1880 in Monroe County, d. 4 Jan 1970 in Orange County, CA,
married Clarence Milton Piatt, b. 13 Feb 1876 in WV, d. 22 Feb 1956 in
Brea, Orange, CA. They were married on 1 Jun 1898 in Monroe County16.In
1910 they are in
Pearl P. Abt 1903
Harold J. Abt 1911
4. Martha Elizabeth
Ullom, (George S., William W., Job), born 27 Mar 1867 and died on 8 Oct 1886 in Perry
Township, Allen Co., Ind52.
She is buried in the
4. William Byron Ullom,
(George S., William W., Job), b. 6 May 1869,
Bernetta 12 Aug 1897
Joseph 31Jul 189976 OH**
Mary V Abt 1913
* 1900, 1910 1920 and 1930 census Records
In 1900 and 1910 the censuses lists birth state as WV but in 1920 and 1930 it
5. Joseph Alouyseius
S., William W., Job, William Byron), b. 31 Jul 189976 in
Children: Born Abt
5. Bernetta Ullom177,
(George S., William W., Job, William Byron), b. 12 Aug 1897, Ohio, d.
Feb 1979 in Randolph, Portage, Ohio, married Joseph Hornung, b. abt 1894
in Ohio. They were married about 1918 in
Children Born Abt
children were born in
4. Joseph O. Ullom , (George S., William
W., Job), born 25 Jul 1875 in Ohio, married Anna Lier Bertie Payne,
b. abt 26 Mar 1879 in Monroe County,
Ohio, d. 21 Apr 1902 in Antioch, Ohio12 of Consumption. They were
married on 25 Jul 1900 in
would appear to be Effie since in 1910 she had been married 4 years and was
Children: Born Abt*
Lela B 1909 in WV
Mary R. 1911 in
4. Henry Elmer Ullom16,
(George S., William W., Job), b. 22 Jul 1871 in Ohio, married Mena Walters, b ,
b. 4 Apr 1876 in Monroe County, Ohio. They were married on 18 Dec 190416.
In 1920 Henry E. is widowed and he has one son. On 24 Dec 1925, Henry Elmer
married Anna B. Morris Stauch (2nd marriage), b. 22 Jan 1880
Children: Born About
Henry Job 23 Aug 1905 in
5. Henry Job Ullom,
(George S., William W., Job, Henry E.), b. 23 Aug 1905
in Monroe County, Ohio18, and d. 23 Feb 1997 in Martins
Ferry, Belmont, Ohio37, 70. The death Cert. stated that he was born
3. Elihu Morris Ullom 12,
(George S., William W.), born 16 Oct 1839 and died 25 Jan 1892 in
Otto M. 17 Feb 1882
Monnie Josie 7 Apr 1884
Lois D. 16 Oct 1885
In the 1900 Census of Perry Township Catherine, born June 1845 in PA, is the Family Head with the following children.
William R Oct 1868
George O Aug 1870- 29 Oct 1930,
James Raymond. Apr 1877* -1Jun 1961
Otto M 17 Feb 1882**
Monnie Josie 7 Apr 1884
* Nancy Bond is living with brothers, George O. and Raymond James in 1930(census) in Perry Monroe. Also, living with this family is their mother, Ellen (Catherine) age 84 and a nephew, Joseph Crum age 22. It appears that Raymond and George never married.
Otto Cecil Ullom born on 17 Feb 1882 registerd for the WW 1 Draft in
death record was found for Lois D Ullom who died, age 9, on 16 Oct 1894 (died on her birthday)12.
Elihu served in the Union Army in the Civil War. His tombstone at the
William Richard Ullom, (George S., William W., Elihu), born 25 Oct 1868
Darrell Abt 1912
4. Monnia J. Ullom, (George S., William W.,
Elihu), b. 7 Apr 1884, married Walter E. Crumm, b. 2 Jul 1881 in
Perry, Monroe, OH. They were married on 15 Dec 1901 in
3. Lydia Ullom52,53,101, (George S., William W.), born 14 Feb 1833 in Ohio and died on 24 Apr 1909 in Perry Township, married George Huffman born 24 Oct 1831 in Ohio. The marriage date was 24 Oct 185415.
Emma Abigail * Abt 1854
James William * 26 Nov 1856
Lucinda* 17 Oct 1857
Morris* Abt 1858
Stephen Douglas 22 Oct 1860
Sarah Margaret* 26 Feb 1862
Henry L* Apr 1866
Judie Ellen* Jun 1868
Clara A.* Abt 1870
Minnie Minerva* Sep 1871
Anna E.* Jun 1874
Charles M.* 2 Jun 1875
Winnie Blanche* 12 Sep 1878
* Found in one or more Federal Census Results (1860-1880).
Elma Abigail Huffman, (George S., William W.,
the 1870 Census, Marion F. Dye is 19 years old and living with these parents in
Hawkins18), age 53. This is his second marriage and her first
and they has been married for 27 years (31 Dec 1882 in Monroe County18).
There is no
4. James William Huffman, (George S., William W., Lydia), born Nov 1856, died 31 Dec 1931 in Lee, Monroe, Ohio, married Mary Adeline Longwell. The marriage was on 3 Nov 1878 in Monroe County16.
Lillie Blanche 15 Jun 188018, Lee, Monroe, Oh
Edward June 1882 (1900 Census)
Melvin Grover 30 Apr 188418
Harvey C. Dec 1888
Lewis W. 20 Dec 1891
Bertha Mabel Oct 1894
Alva L Dec 1895
Hattie A 14 Jan 1898
Earl Morris 18 Aug 1904
5. Melvin Grover Huffman, (George S., William W., Lydia, James W. Huffman), born 30 Apr 1884, married Alma Elizabeth Bigler born 16 Jan 1882, on 27 Jul 1904.
Lewis W. Huffman, (George S., William W.,
Bertha Mabel Huffman, (George S., William W.,
Lydia H. Huffman, (George S., William W.,
4. Anna E Huffman, (George S., William W., Lydia), born June 1874 and died 16 Sep 1960 in Washington County37A, OH, married John Thomas Holmes born Mar 1868 in W. Virginia and died 5 Oct 1930 in Monroe County37A.
Bertie June 21 Jun 1896-4 Jul 189712
Harry Jul 1897
Edna Aug 1898
Jessie Dec 1899
Bessie S 24 Aug 1901,
Ray Abt 1902
John W. Abt 1903
Hazel G. Abt 1906
Zelda L Abt 1907
Laura A Abt 1911
5. Bessie S. Holmes, (George S., William W.,
Lydia, Anna Huffman), b. 9 Apr 1905 in Lewisville, OH, married Brady
Smith, b. 24 Aug 1901 in Woodsfield, Oh. They were married on 28 Jun 1924
5. Ada Lulu Holmes, (George S., William W.,
Lydia, Anna Huffman), b. 15 Feb 1904 in Woodsfield, OH, married Frederich
H. Barker, b. 27 Sep 1902 in Jackson Coutny, WV. They were married on 6 Oct
5. Jessie Holmes, (George S., William W., Lydia, Anna Huffman), b. 26 Dec 1899, in Washington County, OH, married C.R. Carrick, b. 24 Aug 1896 in Center Township, Monroe County. They were married on 10 Jun 1916 in Monroe County16. C. R. Carrick was a repairman.
5. Frederick Holmes, (George S., William W., Lydia, Anna Huffman), b. 17 Oct 1908 in Malaga Township, Monroe County, married Mary E. Hunley, b. 27 Aug 1909 in New Castle, Belmont County, OH. They were married on 23 Jul 193116.
5. Everett Lester
S., William W.,
4. Minnie Minerva
Huffman, (George S., William W.,
Leroy June 1890
Mildred Abt 1909*
Mildred married Unknown Lisk and they had one son Donald born abt 1927 in
4. Clara A. Huffman,
(George S., William W.,
Alva Dec 1897
Gladys Abt 1902*
4. Judie Ellen Huffman,
(George S., William W.,
James C. Jan 1897
1900(Census), they are in
Henry L. Huffman, (George S., William W.,
Nola M. Jan 1891
Clark William Nov 1892
Bessie O. Feb 1896
Clarence Dewey Feb 1898
Pearl M. Abt 1901
Manuel L. Abt 1904
Franklin Huffman, (George S., William W.,
Cora Jun 1888
Olive Oct 1891
Maude Jul 1893
George May 1896
Charles D Jun 1898
Un-named 9 Mar 1905-16 Mar 1905
Listed in Reference 101 but not found in any Census. This family resides in
4. Lucinda Huffman, (George S., William W., Lydia, Anna Huffman), born 17 Oct 1857, died on 7 Jan 1933, married Jesse Barkes born 28 Aug 1856 and died on 8 Jun 1904. They were married in 30 Jan 1876.
Emma* 28 Mar 187916
Ethyl Jun 188116
In the Census of Perry, Monroe in 1910, Lucinda Barkes, widow, is living with a granddaughter, Loretta Barkes, born in 1900, and her daughter Ethyl Bogard and her husband John (b in 1872). In 1920 census of Perry, Monroe, Lucinda is living with Loretta (Zaidee) age 20 and her husband David Kinney, age 24 and a daughter, Helen P. age 1.
1880 Census of Lee,
** Reference 101
5. Ethyl Barkes, (George S., William W., Lydia, Anna Huffman, Lucinda), b. abt 1882 is married to John Bogard, born abt 1872 in Ohio, in the 1910 census as mentioned above. (On 27 Oct 1901 Ethyl L Barkes, born in Jun 1881 in Ohio married C.A. Myers, born on 12 Nov 1881 in Ohio).
5. Emma N. Barkes,
(George S., William W.,
Charles M. Huffman, (George S., William W.,
3. Sylvanus Ullom52,53,101, (George S., William
W.), born Jan 1842 in PA married Rebecca born about 1844 in
Children: Born Abt
Anna 1863 in
Nellie 1865 in
George 1874 in
Rachel 1875 in
Willie 1877 in
Albert 1879 in
(1870 -1880 Census Records)
2. Peter Ullom52,53 ( George S.) born 10
Apr 1808 and died 10 Dec 1893 in
Silas 27 Dec 1837
Henry 25 May 1840
Sarah Ann 11 May 1843
David 11 Dec 1845
* All birthdates are from Reference 52 and names verified by 1850 and 1860 Federal Census results. In 1860 the value of real estate is $10,500 and personal estate is valued at $ 2000.
Peter apparently has two additional marriages to Margaret Snyder and Sarah Johnson52.
3. Madison Ullom52,99 ( George, Peter) born 20 Mar 1831 and died in 3 Dec 1879 in Greene County, PA, married Sarah Gray born 4 May 1833. They were married on 29 Jun 1852.
John L Abt 1853
Katie Abt 1853
Matilda Abt 1854
William A. Abt 1855
David Maxwell 16 Oct 1860
George W 13 Dec 1860
Hannah Jane 27 Sep 1865
All names verified in the 1860 and 1870 census listings.
It appears that Sarah (Sally) Gray Ullom died after 27 Sep 1865 and before 1 Sep 1867.
1 Sep 1867,
Eliza Anne 18 Feb 1869
Isaac Bailey 19 Sep 1870
Susan Clara 13 Nov 1872
Lantz Hupp 3 Apr 1876
Thomas H. 1 Apr 1 Apr 1878.
4. David Maxwell Ullom7,52,99 ,( George S., Peter,
Harry 4 Jun 1880
Bertha 4 Jun 1880
Tillie Ellen 2 Feb 1882
Robert Smith 22 Apr 1884
Emma B. 13 Nov 1886
5. Harry Ullom, (George S., Peter, Madison, David), born 4 Jun 1880 and died 15 Jul 1960, married Fanny Hull. He later married Samantha Belle Clark.
William B abt 1912 in WV
Thomas Roy abt 1914 in WV
1920 the family is in Harrison,
5. Bertha Ullom born52
, ( George S., Peter, Madison, David), b. on 4 Jun 1880 and died 9 Mar
1931, married J. William Edgar, born 24 Mar 1878 in WV. John William is
a salesman living in
Hazel B abt 1903
William Harold abt 1905
Bernice abt 1908
John Raymond abt 1914
All children were born in PA.
5. Tillie Ellen Ullom7,52,99 , ( George S., Peter, Madison, David), born 2 Feb 1882 and died Apr 1964 in Marshall, WV, married William Franklin Archer born abt. 1882.
Floyd McClain 21 Sep 1901
Robert Clair abt 1914
5. Robert Smith Ullom, born 22 Apr 1884, died 22 Aug 1913, married Sophie Dague.
William Orento abt 1906
5. Emma B. Ullom, (George S., Peter, Madison, David), born 13 Nov 1886 and died abt. 1980, married William Earl Dague born 9 Mar 1886 in WV.
Guy Leverne abt 1906*
Ronald Earl abt 1908*
Robert Ralph abt 1911*
Paul abt 1913
Keith Winters abt 1909*
* Found in the 1920 Census of
3. Harrison Ullom52, (George S, Peter), born 23 Jan 1835 and died 16 Jun 1920 in Greene, PA., married Rebecca J.Yates , born 3 Aug 1838. They were married on 29 Jun 1856. Reference 52 lists 14 Children. They are listed in Ref 52 and all but one verified in the 1870 and 1880 Census Listings.
Peter 21 Jul 1857
Lucy Samantha Dec 1859
Sarah A. 8 Feb 1862
Mary E. 8 Jan 1864
Hannah Catherine 20 Sep 1866
Robert John 20 Jul 1868
Lucinda Belle 11 Jul 1870
David Thompson 16 Jun 1871
Adaline Zella 29 Sep 1874*
Jessie Lorena 28 Dec 1875
Effie Edith 14 Jun 1878
George C 9Mar 1880
Charles Edward 29 Jul 1882**
* Not found in the 1870 or 1880 Censuses of Greene, PA
** Found in the 1900 Census of
4. Peter Ullom II, (George S, Peter,
Harrison), born 27 Jul 1857 and died 24 Oct 1932, married Mary L.
Hamilton born abt 1864. In 1910 census Peter is living with his father and
mother and Ralph Ullom is listed as a grandson of
Alva R 27 Apr 1885
Alma Goldie 27 Apr 1885
William H. abt 1886
Ralph abt 1892
5. Alva R Ullom, (George S, Peter,
Harrison, Peter II,), married Sarah Taylor, born 4 Dec 1891. In 1920
Alva and Family are living with his in-laws in Gilmore,
Fred Abt ,1912, PA*
Edward W. *
* Census Data
5. William H. Ullom,
(George S, Peter, Harrison, Peter II,), (1886-1919) married Fannie L Morford, born
Abt 1889. In 1910, William H Ullom born in 1886 is living with J.E. Morris
Family and is listed as a nephew and is a tool dresser in the oil fields. In
the WW I Draft Registration William Harrison Ullom born 17 Jun 1866 in PA is in
4. Franklin Ullom52, 99, (George S, Peter, Harrison), born 24 May 1860 and died on 9 Nov 1951, married Fanny Margaret Miner, born 6 Mar 1863. They were married on 1 Sep 1883.
Charles Benson* 26 Oct 1884
* Verified in the 1900 census.
5. Charles Benson Ullom52,99, (George S, Peter,
Frances Elizabeth 8 Aug 1905
James Russell abt 1907
4. George C. Ullom52,99, (George S, Peter, Harrison), born on 9 Mar 1880 and died 10 Jun 1962, married Emma Moore, born 27 Aug 1882.
Mary Margaret 30 Oct 1915
4. Lucy Samantha Ullom52,99, (George S, Peter, Harrison), born in Dec 1859 and died on 11 Jun 1933 married Isaac N. Whitlatch, born in 1864 and died on 13 Feb 1923.
3. Silas Ullom52,99 , (George S, Peter), born 27 Dec 1837 and died 12 Feb 1926, married Jane Young, born abt 1820.
Samuel B 22 Feb 1854
Laura Matilda 6 Nov 1862
Drusilla 27 may 1865
4. Samuel B. Ullom52,99, (George S, Peter, Silas), born 22 Feb 1854 in Greene, PA and died on 22 Apr 1932, married Matilda Eliza Dunlap born abt 1854 in W. Alexander, PA. They were married around 1880.
Zona May 10 Feb 1881
Bessie Dunlap 4 Apr 1883
Grace Edna 28 Apr 1885
Clara Belle 4 Jul 1890
Amy Marie 8 Jun 1892
Samuel Ray abt 1894
Errett Myers 6 Jun 1897
5. Errett Myers Ullom52,99, (George S, Peter, Silas, Samuel), born 6 Jun 1897 married (1) Mary Elizabeth born in 1904 and then married (2) Margaret T. Taylor born abt 1899. Errett and Margaret had seven children.
Sherman P. Ullom, (George S, Peter, Silas), was born on 21 May
Children: Born Abt
Kathleen V. 1912
They were reported to have had six children52.
4. Laura Matilda Ullom52,99, (George S, Peter, Silas), born 6 Nov 1862 and died 21 Apr 1911
Mary 30 Sep 1893*
Edward 16 Jul 1896
John T 20 Apr 1899
* 1900 census
An Un-named Family Tree on Ancestry.Com states that there were four children, the fourth was named Ruth.
4. Drusilla Ullom52,
(George S, Peter, Silas), born 27 May 1865 and died in
If this is the family then she could not have been born in 1865. Since Drusilla is no longer with Joseph in 1920, I would assume she had died between 1910 and 1920. No death listing was found.
Laura Aug 1878*
Katie B. Nov 1880*
Mary Elizabeth Apr 1884*
Joseph H. Sep 1886*
Jennie Feb 1891**
* 1900 Census
** 1910 Census
In the 1860 census, Drusilla is three years old so the later date in the Family Collection Data, Ancestry.com could be wrong.
4. David Ullom52,102,
(George S, Peter, Silas), born on 11 Dec 1845 in
Franklin Dora Abt 1872
“DAVID ULLOM, farmer and
stock-grower and dealer in wool, was born in
3. Henry C. Ullom52, (George S, Peter), born
25 May 1840 in Greene, PA and died about 1865 in Andersonville, Prison,
Georgia. Henry was a private in
3. Sarah Ann Ullom52, (George S, Peter), born 11 May 1843 and died 10 Jan 1919 in
Greene, PA married Blair Mitchell born 21 Jan 1850 and died 31 Oct 1935
in Greene, PA. They were married on 10 Feb 1875 in
Carrie 5 Jan 1878
Bertha 4 Aug 1879
Roscoe 7 Apr 1881
* All born in PA.
2. Daniel Thompson
Ullom99,103 , (George S,), b. 23
Dec 1809 in Greene, PA and died on 14 Oct 1881in Center, Greene, PA, married Anna
Johnson, born 4 Jul 1812 in Franklin, PA. In the 1850 Census of Center,
Thompson(Daniel) Abt 1809
Anne (Anna) Abt 1811
George Aug 1833
Jesse 20 Jun 1836
Mary Jane 13 Apr 1837
Sarah 22 Feb 1840
Catherine Margaret 28 Jun 1843 calc.
John Thompson 11 Apr 1847
Ann Maria (Martha) Abt 1858
1860 the Census, Martha, age two, is with the family. This information is
contrary to that in Reference 103. In 1880 the family could not be found. Also
son George who lived next to his father in 1860 cannot be found in the 1870 or
1880 Census of Center,
3. George W. Ullom103, (George S, Daniel T.), born
in Aug 1832 in
Anne B. Abt 1856
William H. Nov 1857
James N Abt 1860
Katherine Abt 1863- 1967104
John T. Abt 1865
Charles A Abt 1869
children were born in Center,
4. William H Ullom103, (George S, Daniel T., George), born in Nov 1857 and died in 1919, married unknown spouse and they had three children.
Mollie Feb 1884
George Jul 1885
Belle Nov 1888-1 Sep 1962104
1900 Census, William is with his new wife Estelle, born about 1875 and
the three children from his previous marriage. Also, his father G.W. Ullom, is
living with his family and his age is not listed. Estelle D. died on 11 Jun
1965 and is buried in the
3. Jesse B. Ullom103, (George S, Daniel T.), born
20 June 1836 and died 2 Mar 1901, married Phoebe E. Morris, born 11 Nov
1843 in Center, Greene, PA and died on 17 Nov 1912. They were married on 29 Mar
Thomas M Dec 1864*
Martha A Dec 1866*
Fannie Abt 1868*
John Thomas June 1870*
Jesse Nov 1859
* 1880 Federal Census
“Jesse Ullom, merchant, Rogersville, Penn.—Among the substantial
business men of Rogersville, we take pleasure in mentioning Jesse Ullom, who
was born in Greene County June 20, 1836. He is a son of Daniel T. and
Anna (Johnson) Ullom, who were natives of
4. Thomas M Ullom103, (George S, Daniel T., Jesse B.), born Dec 1864 married May M. Knight born Jun 1871, in 1896. May apparently died in1910.
Victor Hudson40 Apr 1897 in Center, Greene
Lee Ellen Abt 1902 in Center, Greene (1920 Census)
Thomas is married to Bertha Burroughs in 1920. Thomas is 55 and Bertha is 49. Burroughs was deduced from the fact that William Burroughs was living with Thomas and Bertha and listed as Brother-in-law.
In 1920 Victor and Lee Ellen are living with James and Amanda Burroughs and they are listed as nephew and niece which is further collaboration of the Burroughs’ maiden name.
4. Martha (Mattie) A. Ullom103, (George S, Daniel T., Jesse B.), born Dec 1866 married Frank Hoge born in Jun 1866 and died between 1900 and 1910. They were married in 1895.
Jessie Irene Jun 1896
Frank and Mattie are living with there parents in 1900 and Mattie is a widow in 1910 and is a retail merchant in a general store. Jessie Irene is living with her. (Census results)
is a Mattie B. Hoge buried in the
4. John Thomas (Thompson) Ullom103, (George S, Daniel T., Jesse B.), born in Jun 1870 in Center, Green, PA, married Elizabeth Unknown, born Dec 1870 in WV. They were married in 1890*.
Jessie Jul 1891
Blanche Mar 1893
Bessie Jan 1896
Emerson May 1898
* There is some uncertainty surrounding John T. Ullom. In the census of 1880 John is 10 or born about 1870. John Thomas is in the1900 census born in Jun 1870 and the children are shown above. In ref 52 John Thompson Ullom, born in June 1870, has the four children mentioned above. However, the Ullom with these children is listed as Thomas Ullom in the 1900 census. Other trees have John T. Ullom married to Bessie with one son in 1900 and his name is Charles W. Ullom. This John T. Ullom was born in 1865.
4. Jesse Finner Ullom103, (George S, Daniel T., Jesse B.), born Nov 1879 in Center, Greene, PA and died in 1962, married Stella S. Hooper born about 1888 and died in 1921. In the 1930 Census, Jesse F. and family, are living with his mother-in-law whose surname is Hooper. Jessie is a proprietor of a drug store.
3. Mary Jane Ullom103, (George S, Daniel T.), born 13 Apr 1837 in Center Township, Greene, PA and died on 1 Nov 1906, married David Weaver born on 10 May 1833 in Franklin, Greene, PA. They were married on 22 Apr 1858. In 1880 David is a painter and in 1900, he’s a farmer.
Amanda Jan 1859
George Milton 19 May 1862
Thompson 21 Apr 1864
Charles Abt 1872
Henry 18 Jun 1874 Calc.
Flora Mar 1879
4. George Milton Weaver103, (George S, Daniel T., Mary J.), born 19 May 1862 in Center, Greene, PA and died on 31 Jan 1944, married Dora Liming born Dec 1876. They were married in 1891.
Dale W. Female Apr 1900
David L. Abt 1903
Robert M. Q. Abt 1917
5. Dale W. Weaver, (George S, Daniel T., Mary J., George M. Weaver), married Delbert Orndorff, born in 1898. They were married in 1919.
3. Sarah Ullom103, (George S, Daniel T.), born 22 Feb 1840 and died 12 Nov 1910 in Center, Greene, PA, married Mathias Lot Morris born 12 Nov 1834 and died 24 Jun 1913. They were married on 24 Nov 1840.
Thomas Abt 1863
Jessie Abt 1866
Eddie A. Abt 1867
Annie M. 9 Mar 1870
Burley Abt 1873
Mattie Sept 1875
Mathias Lot Jr. May 1879
Charles Abt 1904
His second wife was Lucy Thomas, born abt 1896. They were married between 1910 and 1920.
4. Anna M. Morris, (George S, Daniel T.,
Sarah), born 9 Mar 1870 in Greene,
PA, married Harry Call Thompson, born 28 Apr 1867. The marriage date was
2 Sep 1891 in
Samuel Morris Sep 1892
Jesse H Feb 1899
Kathleen Abt 1902
3. Martha Ullom52,
S, Daniel T.), born Jan 1858 in
Center, Greene, married William H. Orndorff, born Jan 1855 in PA. They
were married Abt.1882 in
Eli B Jan 1885
Annie Sep 1886
Sallie Apr 1888
Glenn Nov 1890
William Apr 1894
Kate Aug 1896
Mary Abt 1901
children were probably born in Center,
3. Anne Margaret Ullom52, (George S, Daniel T.), born 24 Apr 1845 in Center, Greene and died 20Aug 1917 in Cameron, Marshall, WV, married James A Loar, born 4 Jan 1844 and died on 20 Oct 1862. They were married on 4 Apr 1863125.
James Loar Abt 1863
* Anne does not appear in census under this name born at this time.
Anne’s second marriage was to Barnet (Barney?) Wiley, born 11 Sep 1843 in PA. They were married on 6 Feb 1870.
Mary Abt 1873
Anne Abt 1875
Lizzie Jul 1877
Asa G. (Tucker?) 5 Oct 1879
Lillian B Jan 1882
Ocie M. Mar 1884
Margaret A Nov 1886
All children born in
4. Asa G. Wiley52, (George S, Daniel T., Anne M), married Pearl Bowers, born 3 Jun 1881 in WV, on 9 Dec 1904. (1910-1930 Censuses)
Barnette J Abt 1906 Male
Robert C. Abt 1907
Irene P. Abt 1908
Mary C. Abt 1910
is listed as a Trucker in the 1910 census. All children were born in Richhill,
3. Dr. John Thompson
Ullom52, (George S, Daniel T.), born
11 Apr 1847 in Center, Greene and died 24 Sep 1925 and is buried in the
Rosemont Cemetery, Rogersville, married Mary Ann Sellers born on 20 Feb
1855 and died on 19 Sep 1917 in Greene, PA. They were married on 8 Jan 1875 in
Blanche Abt 1876
Frank S Abt 1878
children were born in Center,
4. Blanche Ullom52, (George S, Daniel T., John T.), b. 15 Feb 1876, d. 10 May 1956, married Jesse Hunnell Hazlett born 29 Jul 1873 and died on 14 Sep 1946 in Waynesburg. PA
Frank Dickinson Abt 1902
Anna W Abt 1904
2. Rachel Bowen Ullom52, (George S. ), born 16 Sep 1811 and died in 1848 in Greene, PA, married William Lippencott born on 14 Oct 1812 and died 20 Mar 1896. The marriage year was 1832.
Margaret Abt 1834
Uriah Abt 1837
Melissa 4 Dec 1840
Maria Abt 1843
Martha Abt 1845*
Smith Abt 1847*
Elisha Abt 1852*
Samuel Abt 1956*
Rachel A. Abt 1859*
1860 Federal Census of
3. Margaret Lippencott52, (George S, Rachel B.), born in 1831 married Aaron Day born on 2 Mar 1833 in Greene County, Pa and died in 1913 in Greene, PA. Their marriage was abt 1856. They had no children..
3. Uriah Lippencott52, (George S, Rachel B.), born in 1837 married Matilda VanDruff, who was born in 1833. The marriage was in 1857.
William Henry Abt 1856
Martha A. 24 Jun 1861
Ellsworth Abt 1863
George B. Abt 1865
Lucius M. Abt 1871
Nora A. Abt 1873
* Not found in 1860 or 1880 census. No 1870 census listing was found for this family.
4. William Henry Lippencott52, (George S, Rachel B., Uriah Lippencott), born 1856 and died in 1920, married Lucy Gregory.
W. Russell 15 Oct 1887
William’s second wife was Elizabeth Ullom born 4 May 1866 and died on 22 May 1956.
3. Martha A. Lippencott52, (George S, Rachel B.), born 24 Jun 1861 and died on 19 Jul 1937 in Greene, PA, married John B. Crayne, born 6 Jun 1847 and died on 19 Dec1917. Their marriage date was 25 Jun 1884.
Nora 4 May 1886
Lucinda 6 Jun 1894
Albert Russell 26 Jan 1897
3. Melissa Lippencott52, (George S, Rachel B.), born
on 4 Dec 1840 in
Mariah Elizabeth 3 Dec 1861
Rachel Emma 13 Dec 1864
James Franklin 9 Mar 1867
Mary Jane 30 May 1869
William Allen 2 Jan 1870
Arabelle 7 Aug 1871
children born in
3. Maria Lippencott121, (George S, Rachel B.), born 1843 married George Wis(e)carver.
Ella Mar 1868
Frank Abt 1872
William McKinley Abt 1875
could not locate this family in the census listings for 1880. In 1900 Maria and
Ella are in
Martha Lippencott121, (George S, Rachel B.), born in
1845, married John Cage born abt 1835. The marriage year was about 1860.
In 1880 the family is in Washington,
Uriah Abt 1868, PA
Matilda 4 Apr 1865, PA
Emma Abt 1864, PA
William Abt 1873, PA
James Sep 1881*, PA
Charles Jul 1886*, PA
I believe this is the correct family but no children are present from 1880
census that could tie this family to the family in 1880 census. The birth
months and years vary slightly. In 1900, John is listed as being born in Oct 1833
in PA and Martha was born in Nov 1846 in PA. They have two grandchildren living
with them in 1900, namely,
4. William Cage121, (George S, Rachel B. Martha Lippencott), born in 1873 and died 3 Mar 1949 married Venetta (Netta) Ullom, born 1880 and died 1926. Vanetta is Jesse Bowen Ullom’s granddaughter.(See page 172).
Thomas (Thompson) Abt 1905
James Abt 1906
Ruth M. Abt 1920
1920 they are in Warren,
* Emma was not found in any census. In 1910 Stephen McClelland, age 17 and listed as a nephew is living with this family. This is probably Emma Cage’s son.
1930, William H. Cage, b. abt 1875 in PA is married to Mabel Rodgers and
they are in
4. Matilda Cage121, (George S, Rachel B. Martha Lippencott), born 4 Apr 1865 and died 17 Apr 1958, married Hugh Clayton who died in 1943.
Stella Nov 1886
Myrtle Jan 1889
5. Stella Clayton121, (George S, Rachel B. Martha Lippencott, Matilda Cage), Nov 1886, married Wilbur Lippencott.
4. Emma Cage121, (George S, Rachel B. Martha Lippencott), b. abt 1864 in PA, married “Judge” McClellan.
Stephen 9 Feb 1893, Wanynesburg,
In 1910 Emma McClelland is a widow, is in Waynesburg, Greene Co., PA and she is a cook in a restaurant. She lists 4 children all living in 1910 but sje ia alone.
5. Stephen Cary
(George S, Rachel B. Martha Lippencott, Emma Cage), b. 9 Feb 1893 in
Waynesburg, PA, d. 21 Jul 1979 in Warren, Trumbull, Ohio37, married
Louise Preto, b. abt 1899 in Ohio. In
1917 he is in
Edna J Abr 1926, OH
Richard L Abt 1929, OH
21 Sep 1917
Birth Date / Age:
24 7/12 Years
Co A 329 Infantry to 20 Sept 1918; Co M 330 Infantry to Discharge Corporal 19 Nov 1917. American Expeditionary Forces 19 Sept 1918 to 29 Jan 1919. Honorable discharge 12 Feb 1919.
David Michael McClelland, (George S, Rachel B. Martha Lippencott,
Emma Cage b. 12 Mar 1888, Waynesburg, Green, PA is in Michigan in 1917 and
ia a Motorman working for the City of Detroit. In 1942 he is in Morenci, Mi but
his Draft Board address is in
2. John Ullom52,
( George S.), born 8 Dec 1814 in
Children: Born Abt
Harriet Eveline 16 Dec 1857 in
John W. 1859
Mary Ann 1872
Daniel T Feb 1873
3. Harriet Everline
Ullom52, ( George S., John), born 16 Dec 1857 in IL and died 24 Nov 1928
in Iowa, married George William Parker born 11 Apr 1847 in Jackson, MI
and died on 4 Aug 1924 in Crystal Lake, MI.
They were married in Morrison,
Irene Belle 2 Jul1876, IL.
Mary Anna 23 June 1878, IL
Clarence Edwin 22 Aug 1881, MN
Frank Leslie 10 Jul 1884, IL
4. Irene Belle Parker52, (George S., John, Harriet E.), born 2 Jul 1876 in IL and died 24 Nov 1938, married Joshua Paul Lyons. The marriage date was 29 Mar 1893.
4. Mary Anna Parker52, (George S., John,
Harriet E.), born on 23 Jun 1878 in IL.and died 26 Mar 1963 in Iowa, married
James Early, born in 1871 in Iowa and died 14 Jun 1931. They were
James B. 12 May 1897-Feb 198770
Clarence Edward 27 Sep 1898
Delbert Abt 1900
Esther Mae 10 Oct 1902
Laura Abt 1904
Jennette 7 March1907
4. Clarence EdwinParker52,
(George S., John, Harriet E.), born 22 Aug 1881in MN and died on 19 Sep
1957 in Painesville, OH, married Agnes Marie Parker (Agnes Mabel Baldwin),
born 12 Sep 1881 in MN and died 15 May 1926. They were married on 21 Dec 1906
Leslie Armand (Male) 25 Sep 1907 ND
Edwin S 25 Apr 1909 ND
Helen Lorraine 2 Nov 1910 ND
George was not with the family in 1920.
7 Nov 1930, Clarence E. married Frieda Amanda Eging born 13 Nov 1901 in
4. Frank Leslie Parker52, (George S., John,
Harriet E.), was born 10 Jul 1884 in
2. Mary Ann Ullom52, 172, (George S.), b. 4 Jul 1818 in Greene, PA., married Daniel Edgar, born 13 Feb 1814 in Washita, OK and died 23 Jun 1901 in Clinton, OK*
Margaret Abt 1844
George Abt 1846
Jesse L. 5 Dec 1847
Maria Abt 1852
This does not appear to be correct but it may be that Edgar was born in the
3. Margaret Egdar, (George S., Mary Ann), born
Mary B Abt 1874, PA
Leila E. Abt 1877, PA
3. Jessie Edgar70, (George S., Mary Ann), b. 5 Dec 1847, d. 12 Jan 1941, Venetia, PA., married Margaret Young, b. 25 Dec 1847 in Monongahela, PA.
Harry B. 26 Mar 1907
4. Louise Edgar, (George S., Mary Ann, Jesse Edgar), married Herman H. Lutes on 31 Dec 1891,
2. Sarah Ullom52,53, ( George S.), born 25 Jun 1820 and died Sep 1831.
2. Jesse Bowen Ullom 52,99,101, (George S.), born 16
Jul 1822 in Greene, PA and died 31 Mar 1892 in Waynesburg, Greene, PA, married Sarah
Ellen Piatt, born on 13 May 1830 in Greene, PA and died 14 Aug 1909. The
marriage date was 22 Jul 1844 in PA, most likely
James Madison 20 Jun1846 PA
William Piatt 1 Apr1848
Craven Hogue 9Apr 1851
Rufus King Abt 1853
Julia Ann 20 Oct 1855
Sarah Elizabeth 8 Jan 1866
George Amos 26 Mar 1870
John Thompson 9 Aug 1870 PA
3. James Madison Ullom52,99,101, (George S., Jesse B.), born 20 Jun 1846 in PA and died in 1926, married Sarah Ann Reese, born on 1 Jan 1847. James was a carpenter.
Rachel Witten Feb1866 OH
Jesse Bowen 1868 WV
James William 1872 PA
John Harvey June 1877 WV
George Nicholas Sep 1879 WV
Lucy Belle Feb 1883 WV
Mary Catherine Apr 1889 PA
George, Lucy and Mary are with the family in
4. Rachel Witten Ullom52,99,101, (George S., Jesse B., James M.), born in Feb 1866 in OH, married John M. Liming born in WV in Aug 1859 and died 11 Sep 1939. John was a farmer.
Lee 31 Mar 1898
Lucy May 1900 WV
4. James William Ullom52,99,101, (George S., Jesse B., James M.), born in 1871 in PA and died in 1956, married Clarissa Jane Hayes, born abt 1875 in Ohio and died in 1966. They were married abt 1895.
Russell Sigsbee 11 Aug 1895, Sistersville,
Bessie Abt 1897 WV
4. John Harvey Ullom52,99,101, (George S., Jesse B.,
James M.), born about 1877, married Alice Bane born abt 188052.
However, in the WW I Draft Registration for John Harvey Ullom born on 17 June
1877, his wife was Grace Lowarvy Ullom and they lived in
4. George Nicholas Ullom52,99,101, (George S., Jesse B., James M.), born in Sep1879 in WV, married Mary Barbara Reed born in PA about 1880 and died 26 Feb 1959. They were married about 1902. (1910 Census)
Lillian B abt 1903 PA
George M abt 1906 PA
Reed abt 1908 PA
4. Lucy Belle Ullom 52,99,101,, (George S., Jesse B., James M.), born about 1882 married Robert Powell Swan, born about 1879 and died about 1960.
Dorothy D. Abt 1903
Robert Ullom Abt 1907
All children were born in WV except for Robert who was born in PA.. In 1910
they are in WV and Robert works for a glass works and in 1920 they are in
4. Mary Catherine Ullom 52,99,101, (George S., Jesse B., James M.), born in 1889 and died in 1953 married Harry Owens.
3. William Piatt Ullom52, (George, Jesse B.) born 1 Apr 1848 in PA and died on 3 Dec 1900, married Sarah Shiros, born about 1850.
His second marriage was to Margaret Carroll, born about 1849 and died 27 Jun1912.
Cora Della 1873
Thompson S. 9 Apr 1875
Vanetta (Netta) May1880
Dennis Abt 1887
Harry Sep 1882
William Mar 1884
Henry 16 Jun 1889
mentioned children verified in the 1900 Census of Franklin, Greene, PA with
exception of Cora Della. Cora Della and Matthias are in the 1880 Census of
4. Vanetta (Netta)
Ullom*, (George S., Jesse B., William P.), born May 1880 in
Thompson N. Abt 1905 in
James Abt 1906 in
* William Cage is also related to the Ullom family as the grandson of Rachel Bowen Ullom.
4. Cora Della Ullom, (George S., Jesse B., William P.), born 1873 in Washington, PA and died 11 Dec 1949 in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, married John William Hughes, born abt 1870 in Washington, PA and died 10 May 1935 in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joseph 4 Dec 1890
Elmer 17 Dec 1893
John Russell 30 Jun 1895
Raymond William 22 Jun 1897
4. Thompson S. Ullom, (George S., Jesse B., William P.), born 9 Apr 1875 in PA., died 22 May 1935, married Blanche Shaw born abt 1897. Thompson was a carpenter in 1930.
* 1930 Census of Franklin,
4. Mathias Brant Ullom, (George
S., Jesse B., William P.), born 28 May 187740 in PA.and died on 3 July 1936 married
Mary Markey born in 1871 in PA and died 29 Apr 1952. In 1910 he is the
head of his family which includes his mother and 5 brothers. In 1918 he is
married and in Waynesburg,
3. Craven Hogue Ullom52, (George S., Jesse B.), born 9 Apr 1851 in Greene, PA and died 1 Nov 1937 in Washington, PA, married Rachel Cox, born 18 Oct 1860 in WV and died on 9 Aug 1935 in Washington, PA. Ref 52 applies to all of his children.
Rufus King Mar 1877 WV
John Thompson Abt 1879 WV
Vada Sep 1882
Frank P. Jan
Harry K. 9
Walter Wray 24 Dec 1888 PA
Glenn May 1897 PA
Mary Abt 1905 PA
Above information was obtained from Reference 52 and Federal Census Listings, 1880-1930.
Birth dates found in census records differ in some instances from those in Reference 52.
4. Rufus King Ullom, (George S., Jesse B., Craven H.), born Mar 1877 in WV, married Martha Dentzler, born Jun 1875 in PA.
Hazel Sep 1895 PA
1910 and 1920 the family is in
5. Hazel Ullom, (George
S., Jesse B., Craven H., Rufus K.), b. Sep 1895 in PA married William D. Janek, b.
abt 1887 in
4. John Thompson Ullom, (George S., Jesse B.,
Craven H.), born about 1880 in WV married Mina Smith born abt 1882
in Massachussetts. John T. Ullom was a minister in the PM Church. He is found
Evelyn Abt 1907 in
Raymond Abt 1909
1910, 1920 and 1930 census
4. La Vada (Vada)
Harriet Ullom, (George S., Jesse B., Craven H.), born Sep 1884 in
family is first found in 1910 in
Ruth Abt 1903 in PA
Kathryn Abt 1907 in PA
Rosalie Abt 1911 in PA
4. Franklin Pierce
S., Jesse B., Craven H.), born Jan 1884 and died in 1963, married Bessie
Jolly, born about 1880. In 1901 they are living next to Craven Ullom and
Bessie “Head” Abt 1886 WD
Nioma Daughter Abt 1909
Donald H. Abt 1914
4. Harry Kibe Ullom, (George S., Jesse B.,
Craven H.), born 9 May 1886 in WV or Virginia, married Alice H. Grimes
born about 1888. In 1930 they are still
Alice H Wife Nov 1888
Ruth Abt 1907
William C Abt 1908
4. Walter Wray Ullom52, (George S., Jesse B., Craven H.), born 24 Dec 188876,105 in PA, married Anna M. Baker born about 1898. He is a machinist and a mold maker for a glass company.
Anna M Wife Abt 1898 in WV
4. Pearl Ullom52, (George S., Jesse B., Craven H.), born in May about 1890 in PA, married Robert I. Meloy born 5 Apr 188440 in PA. They were married about 1907 in PA. (1910 Census).
Robert Paul Abt 1908
Alfred Abt 1909
* This is based on 1910-1930 census results where her age is consistent with this birth range. In 1900, it would appear that her birth date was May 1890..
In 1920 the family is living next to Craven H. Ullom and on the other side of Craven is his daughter, Bessie. Perhaps they were living in the same house. Robert is a farmer.
the WW II Draft Registration in 1942105, Robert lists Margaret
Jolly as his “contact” so this is probably his daughter Margaret.
4. Mary “Alice” Ullom52,
(George S., Jesse B., Craven H.), born 20 Nov 1904 and died 8 Dec 1971 married Henry
Hobson Bedillion, born 10 Jan 1899 and died in Jan 1979 in PA52.
They were married about 1926. In 1930 they are in
3. Rufus King Ullom52, (George S., Jesse B.) born in 1853 in PA and died on 2 Jun 1924 married Rachel Ann Belford born 4 May 1856 and died on 22 May 1930.
Viola Abt 1874
Ida Nov 1877
In the 1880 and 1900 census results Ida is the only child mentioned.
Franklin Pierce Ullom52 , (George S., Jesse B.), born
April 1853 in PA52, 99, 106 , died 7 Jan 1917, married Margaret
Ellen Anderson, born in 1853 and died on 22 Feb 1916. The marriage took
Jessie Nov 1874
William Anderson 14 Aug 1882 PA
4. Jessie Ullom52, (George S., Jesse B., Franklin P.), married Stephen Fonner, born 1869* and died 11 Sep 1953 in PA. They were married about 1899. Stephen was a butcher and a farmer.
* In the 1930 census his is listed as being 55 years old.
4. Nancy Ullom, (George S., Jesse B., Franklin P.), born in Dec 1876 and died 25 Sep 1956 married George Eckley106. This family could not be found on Ancestry.com in any data base.
4. William Anderson Ullom52, (George S., Jesse B., Franklin P.), born 14 Aug 1882 in PA and died on 2 May 1929 married Lisette Gladys Smith. Ref. 52 applies to all of William’s descendants.
Stephen William 15 Jan 1907 E.
Margaret Ellen Abt 1910
Donn Piatt Abt 1912
A is an Architect in 1920 and is not with Lisette in 1930 in
5. Stephen William Ullom, (George S., Jesse B., Franklin P., Wm. A.), born in 1907 and died 1987 in Poland, OH married Margaret Elizabeth White, born on 1 Aug 1920 and died 8 Jun 1985 in Youngstown, OH. They were married on 1 Aug 1940.
5. Donn Piatt Ullom, (George S., Jesse B., Franklin P., Wm. A.), born abt. 1912, married Kathleen Mary Mast.
5. Margaret Ellen Ullom, (George S., Jesse B., Franklin P., Wm. A.), born 3 Feb1910 in Pa, d. 29 Feb 1988, Stanislaus, CA110, married Wilber W. King.
5. Frederich Smith
S., Jesse B., Franklin P., Wm. A.), born abt 1917 married
5. William Anderson Ullom Jr., (George S., Jesse B., Franklin P., Wm. A.), born on 8 Sep 1919 and died on 23 Nov 1990 married Alma Ullom who died in Oct 1993.
3. Julia Ann Ullom52, (George S., Jesse B.), born
20 Oct 1855 in
Vanelia 5 Sep 1876*
Rufus King 15 Jan 1879
Sarah Ellen 23 Feb 1881
Winfield S. 18 Jan 1883
James Madison 28 Apr 1885
Fanklin Pierce 23 May 1887
John Boen 14 Dec 1889
Jesse Bowman 14 Dec 1889
George W 16 Sep 1892
William Albert 4 Mar 1899
* All but Sarah Ellen were found in the 1880 and 1900 Census listings. Jacob was a house carpenter and a farmer.
4. Vanelia Irene Rush, (George S., Jesse B., Julia A.), born 5 Sep 1876 and died 24 Sep 1954, married Jerry Wright.They had nine children.
4. Rufus King Rush, (George S., Jesse B., Julia A.), born on 15 Jan 1879 and died on 12 Aug 1962, married May Yost. They had one child.
4. Sarah Ellen Rush, (George S., Jesse B., Julia A.), born 23 Feb 1881 married James E. Strope.
4. Winfield S. Rush, (George S., Jesse B., Julia A.), born 18 Jan 1883 and died 11 Feb 1948.
4. James Madison Rush, (George S., Jesse B., Julia A.), born 28 Apr 1885 and died on 28 Feb 1939 married Rhoda Newell.
4. John Boen Rush, (George S., Jesse B., Julia A.), born on 14 Dec 1889, married Minnie M. Pitcock on 30 Nov 1912. They had five children.
4. Jesse Bowman Rush, (George S., Jesse B., Julia A.), born on 14 Dec 1889 and died 2 Dec 1956, married Grace Dulaney.
4. George W. Rush, (George S., Jesse B., Julia A.), born on 16 Sep 1892 in WV and died on 14 Dec 1949 married Mattie Anderson, born in Oct 1897 in PA and married abt 1915 in PA.
His second marriage was to Dora Cole, born Abt 1905 an in WV and they were married abt 1930 in PA.
4. William Albert Rush, (George S., Jesse B., Julia A.), was born on 4 Mar 1899 and died on 21 Oct 1917. They were reported to have had one child.
3. Margaret Ullom52, (George S., Jesse B.), born
in 1857 in
Clara Belle 1884
Frances A 24 Jun 1886
4. Katie Hunnell, (George S., Jesse B., Margaret), married William Cody Rush.
4. Clara Belle Hunnell, (George S., Jesse B., Margaret), born on 1884 and died in 1973 married Benjamin Franklin Hamilton, born abt 1876 and died abt 1968.
3. Sarah ElizabethUllom52, (George S., Jesse B.), born 8 Jan 1866 and died 17 Feb 1955, married Jesse Zollars, born in 1856 and died in 1933.
Edna 22 Aug 1855
Harry Abt 1890
4. Edna Zollers, (George S., Jesse B., Sarah E.), born 22 Aug 1885, married Willaim Rinehardt.
Charles W. 30 Sep 1906 in PA
4. Harry Zollars, born in 1890 and died on
26 Jun 1925, marries Anna Allum born 2 Jan 1873 and died 23 Jul 1928 in
3. John Thompson Ullom52, (George S., Jesse B.), born 9 Aug 1870 and died 3 Aug 1935, married Elizabeth Rhoda Moore, born 17 Dec 1871 in WV and died 26 Apr 1956.
Jesse Rozella Jul 1891
Cecil Blanche Mar 1893
Bessie Beryl Jan 1896
Henry Emerson May 1898
Anna Lee 22 Jul 1902 Wash.., PA
James Franklin Abt 1905
This family was not verified in the 1900-1920 Census.
4. Anna Lee Ullom, (George S., Jesse B., John T.), born 22 Jul 1902 in PA. married Abraham Michael Mason.
3. Clifton B Ullom52, (George S., Jesse B.),
born 7 Dec 1875 and died 12 Feb 1957 in PA.,
married Rozenia Moore, born
on 1 Nov 1877 and died on 2 Aug 1939.
Henry Moore 30 Nov 1896
Elijah 12 Mar 1899
Thomas N 18 Aug 1901
Effie 24 Mar 1904
Emerson L 20 Feb 1907
Robert C Abt 1911
4. Henry Moore Ullom, (George S., Jesse B., Clifton), born 30 Nov 1896 in Greene, PA and died 23 May 1977 in Wheeling, WV married Jessie Buchanon born about 1901 in PA. In 1930 Henry was an insurance agent.
All children born in PA.
4. Elijah Ullom, (George
S., Jesse B.,
4. Thomas N. Ullom, (George S., Jesse B., Clifton), born on 18 Aug 1901 in PA and died 13 Jul 1977 married Ada Harr born about 1907 in PA. In 1930 Thomas is a truck driver for a furniture company.
4. Effie Ullom, (George S., Jesse B.,
4. Emerson L. Ullom, (George S., Jesse B., Clifton), born 20 Feb 1907 in PA and died 28 Mar 1999 in Greene, PA, married Mary Snyder, born about 1908 in PA and died on 16 Mar 1992. They were married on 31 May 1927. In 1930 Emerson is a carpenter
4. Elizabeth Ullom,
(George S., Jesse B.,
4. Robert C. Ullom , (George S., Jesse B.,
2. Stephen Ullom52,
(George S.), married Elenor,”Ellen”, “Ella” “Nellie” Mitchell about 1836 probably in
*Stephen Ullom is listed55 as a member of
Company C of the 2nd
Children: Born Abt.
Rachel 4 May 1848
Mary A. 1856
Nicholas Ullom52, (George S., Stephen), was born in 1837 in Ohio and married Margaret
Martin, born about 1841 in Ohio. The marriage took place on 14 Aug 1856 in
Children: Born About
Mary Catherine 1867
Tremble Jun 1879
All children were born in Ohio.
1880 Federal Census
4. Malcolm Ullom52 , (George S., Stephen, Nicholas), born about 1857 in Monroe County and died 8 Mar 1911 in Belmont County, Ohio, married Laura Cair18 born about 1861 in Ohio and died on 31 May 192537 in Belmont, Ohio. They are found in York, Belmont County, OH living next to Malcolm’s father.
Freda Leota 17 Sep 1892 Woodsfield, Monroe, Ohio18
5. Freda Leota Ullom, (George S., Stephen, Nicholas, Malcolm), was born on 17 Sep 1892 in Monroe County, OH and married Guy B. Warrick, born about 1890 in Ohio and died on 5 Jan 196137 in Barnesville, OH. Guy Warrick was a cigar maker and a painter.
Ruby L. Abt 1911
4. Lenora Ullom52, (George S., Stephen, Nicholas,), born in 1858 in Ohio and cannot be found after the 1860 Census.
4. John Ullom52, (George S., Stephen, Nicholas,), born in July 1861 in Ohio, married Mary L. Williams*, born July 1868 in Ohio. They are found in Belmont County in 1900 and in Seattle, King County, Washington in 1910.
Clyde Leroy 20 Mar 1885,
Bessie H. Dec 1899 in Ohio
* Mary L. Ullom’s maiden name was deduced from census findings that showed her mother, Mary J. Williams, living with this family in 1900 and 1910.
5. Clyde Leroy Ullom, (George S., Stephen, Nicholas, John), b. 20 Mar 1885 in Belmont, OH, is found in 1942 in Shasta, California. His contact in the WWII Draft Registration is Mrs. Ella Ullom of Shasta, CA105. On the Death Record his mother’s surname is Williams110.
4. James Ullom52, (George S., Stephen, Nicholas,), born in Jul 1865 in Ohio, married Pearl born in Mar 1878 in Ohio and they are in Lee, Monroe, Ohio in 1900.
Harry Oct 1894*
Lizetta May 1896*
No marriage is recorded in Monroe County so they probably were married in Belmont and the children may have been born in Belmont, Ohio. *1900 Census
4. Jennie Ullom52, (George S., Stephen, Nicholas,), was born in Jul 1865 in Ohio. Jennie and James were twins. If she married it was probably in a county other than Monroe.
4. Mary C. Ullom52 , (George S., Stephen, Nicholas,), born about 1867 in Ohio married Forrest B. Brown born about 1867 in Ohio. They were married on 17 Sep 1890 in Monroe County, Ohio16. (This information is obtained from the Marriage License and 1880 Census). In 1900 they are in Center Township with the following children. (1900 Census).
Forrest Jan 1868
Mary Oct 1866
Icie 6 Dec 1891 All born in Center Twp.18
Mabel Jenette 5 Mar 1893
Thurman 19 Jul 1895
Cecil 26 Jan 1898
Mary 18 Aug 1899 (Aug 1900 in 1900 Census)
In 1910 Forrest B Brown is married to Josphine B. and in Center Township.(Census).
Forrest B 44* 2nd marriage Married 6 Years
Josephine B 48 1st marriage
Icie Lula 18
Ettie R (Cecil) 12
Mary L 10
Edward E 8*
* I could not locate the births of these last two children or a death record for Mary C. Brown or a marriage record for Forrest and Josephine in the Monroe County Records.
4. Isaac Ullom52,(George S., Stephen, Nicholas,), born in Jul 1872 married Cenie, born in Mar 1872 in Germany. They are in Belmont County in 1900. Isaac was an electrician.
Della Jan 1893 in WV
Irene Nov 1895 in WV
In 1910 in Wheeling, Ohio, WV the following is found:
Family Age Born Abt
Isaac 36 1872 Ohio WV Proprietor of Saloon
Della 16 1893 WV
Irene 14 1895 WV
Ida Songer 25
In 1920 in Wheeling, Isaac whose occupation is electrical supplies has the following family.
Ida Wife 35
In 1930 he is an electrician in Wheeling. It appears he married Ida Songer about 1910 after the census, and that Cenie, his first wife had died between 1900 and 1910.
5. Dorothy Ullom, (George S., Stephen, Nicholas, Isaac), married James Ritz.
4. Elizabeth Ullom, (George S., Stephen, Nicholas,), was born about 1875 in Ohio. Last found in the 1880 census in Belmont, Ohio. Only one record was found for an Elizabeth B. Ullom and that was a marriage to Jacab W Lentz on 24 Nov 1897 in Monroe County, OH16. In 1900 this family is in Perry Township, Monroe County and they have one child, Sarah Pauline, b. Sep 1898 in Ohio. They are living next to Sarah Ullom, b. Sep 1843 and son Fredrick Gay, b. Jan 1881, in Ohio. (1900 Census)
4. Leona Ullom, (George S., Stephen, Nicholas,), born in 1875 in Ohio appears to be Elizabeth’s twin.
4. Trimble Ullom, (George S., Stephen, Nicholas,), was born in 1879 in Belmont, Ohio. He was not found in subsequent census findings.
3. Sarah Jane Ullom52, (George S., Stephen), born about 1831 in Ohio and died between 1880 and 1900 in WV, married William Cephus Cunningham, born in Feb 1833 in Ohio. They were married on 7 Mar 185715 in Monroe County, Ohio. In 1870 they are living in Woodsfield, OH. In 1900 the family is in Madison, WV. William C. is living with his widowed daughter Delora E. Davis and her children. Sarah is gone and William is a widower. Stephen, Frank and Grace are living with the family. In 1920 William is gone and Stephen and Grace remain with Delora and her family.
(All of the childrens families are covered under Ref 52).
Delora Ellen Mar 1859
Stephen James Jul 1862
Thomas Nicholas Abt 1863
Joseph Abt 1867
William Franklin Oct 1869
Grace Jun 1876
1870 -1920 Federal Census
4. Delora Cunningham, (George S., Stephen, Sarah J.), born Mar 1859 in Ohio, married an Unknown Davis who died prior to 1900. In 1900 Delora and three children and a grandson are in Madison, WV. Also living with is her father and two brothers and a sister. Delora and her family cannot be found in 1880.
Delora Davis Mar 1859
Sarah May 1878
James A. Jul 1880
Charlotte M. Dec 1882
Guy Green May 1897
WC Cunningham Feb 1835 Father / Shoe Cobbler
Stephen J. Jul 1865 Brother / Iron Works Laborer
Franklin M Oct 1869 Brother / Kilnman Pottery
Grace B. Jun 1876 Sister
All of the Davis’ and Cunningham’s were born in Ohio. 1910-1930 Federal Census.
5. Charlotte Davis, (George S., Stephen, Sarah J.), married an Unknown. Juby (Soby) and in 1920 is living with her mother in Wheeling, WV with her two children. In 1930 Delora is a dressmaker and Charlotte is a salesperson in Bakery and Katherine is a school teacher. James A is still at home and is a laborer and is 50 years old.
Children: Born Abt
Katherine 1907 WV
4. Stephen James Cunningham, (George S., Stephen, Sarah J.), born Jul 1865 in Ohio apparently never married. He is with his sister and her family in 1920 and is retired. In 1930 he does not appear in any census findings.
4. Thomas Cunningham, (George S., Stephen, Sarah J.), born in Ohio in Aug 1864, married Lizzie Unknown, born in Ohio in Sep 1864. In 1900 the family is in Madison, Boone, WV where Thomas is a sheet metal worker.
Cephus Dec 1887
Homer A Jun 1889
Nellie Hazel Oct 1890
Thomas C. Jun 1892
All children were born in WV.
4. Franklin M. Cunningham, (George S., Stephen, Sarah J.), born in Oct 1869. He is with sister, Delora Davis, and family in 1900 at the age of 31 but he is not with them in 1910 nor can he be found in 1920-1930. In 1900, he is a kiln man in a pottery factory.
4. Mattie Cunningham, (George S., Stephen, Sarah J.), born about 1872 in Ohio cannot be found after 1880.
4. Grace B. Cunningham, (George S., Stephen, Sarah J.), was born in Jun 1876 and is with Delora Davis in 1920 at the age of 41. She is a sales person in a department store. She could not be located in the 1930 census.
3. Mahala Ullom52, (George S., Stephen), born in Jun 1842 in Ohio and died 15 Mar 191512 in Monroe County, OH, married Thomas O. Little, born in Sep 1837 and died 8 Apr 190512 in Monroe, Ohio. They were married on 27 May 1860 in Monroe, OH16. Thomas appears to have served in the 2nd WV Cavalry with Stephen Ullom107. He is listed as a Sergeant in Company I111.
Frank C. Abt 1861 in Ohio
Charles O Abt 1863 in Ohio
Ada Abt 1866 in Ohio
Jessie M 27 Sep 1867, Woodsfield, OH18
Benjamin Jeffers 30 May 1871 OH18
Oliver May 1875 OH*
Nellie May 1880 OH*
Ethel Aug 1883 OH*
* 1900 Census
4. Frank C. Little, (George S., Stephen, Mahala), born about 1861 in Ohio. No concrete information is found after 1870 as he is not with the family in 1880 but a Frank C. of the correct age is living with Thomas and Rebecca Little as a grandson in Monroe County he is working as a recorders clerk. In 1910, a Frank Little from Ohio with the correct age is in Pierce County, Washington listed as an engineer on a locomotive. No death information or further information was found.
4. Charles O. Little, (George S., Stephen, Mahala), born about 1863 in Ohio married Jennie Conley, born about 1867. They were married on 30 Mar 1888 in Monroe County, OH16. Charles is the City Marshall.
Thomas F Abt 1891*
Mildred F. Abt 1901*
* 1910 Census of Monroe County, Ohio.
5. Thomas Little16,99 , (George S., Stephen, Mahala, Charles Little), born on 22 Dec 1890 in Monroe, Ohio, married Ethel L. Mosley, born on 29 Aug 1893, probably in Noble County, Ohio. They were married on 18 Sep 1909.
In 1920 this family is in Columbus, Ohio with two children, Marie O., born abt 1911 and Oscar E. born about 1914. Thomas F. is a city policeman in 1920 and a prison guard in 1930.
5. Mildred F. Little, (George S., Stephen, Mahala, Charles Little), born about 1901 died on 26 Feb 1918 in Monroe County, OH12.
4. Ada Little, (George S., Stephen, Mahala, Charles Little), born about 1866 in Ohio is not seen after 1880. No marriage could be found in the Monroe County Marriages. Also, no death record could be located.
4. Jessie Little, (George S., Stephen, Mahala, Charles Little), born 27 Sep 1867, married A.O. Heck on 9 Oct 1889 in Monroe County16, Ohio. No trace of this family can be found after the marriage.
4. Benjamin Jeffers Little, (George S., Stephen, Mahala, Charles Little), born 21 May 1872 married Jenette Bowman, born on 2 Apr 1871 in Woodsfield, Ohio. They were married on 24 Nov 1900 in Monroe County16. His occupation was listed as “painter”. They are in Wheeling, WV in 1920 where Benjamin is working in a can factory. In 1930 his is a painter.
Virginia Abt 1902 in Ohio
4. Oliver Little, (George S., Stephen, Mahala, Charles Little), was born in May 1875 in Ohio. In 1920, in Clinton County, Ohio, there is a divorced Oliver Little, age off by a year, who has a daughter, Helen born in 1906. He also has a Grandson, Howard F, living with him.
In 1910 there is an Oliver R. Little, age 34, with wife Bessie, age 24. in Sapulpa, Creek, OK. They have been married for 4 years and were born in Ohio, with parents also born in Ohio.
There is no Oliver Little fitting the age criteria who registered for the WWI Draft so it is possible that Oliver died before 1917.
4. Nellie Little, (George S., Stephen, Mahala, Charles Little), born on 19 May 1880 married E.C. Stover, born 25 Nov 1877 in Pa. The marriage date was 24 Oct 190016 in Monroe County, Ohio. No listing in the Federal Census Records could be found for this family. (There is only one Stover in Monroe County in 1900 and he is listed as E. D. Stover born in May 1878 in Va. However, I could find no trace of this family in census records.
4. Ethel B. Little, (George S., Stephen, Mahala, Charles Little), was born 8 Aug 1883 in Ohio, married Edward J. Wichterman, born 11 Jun 1880 in Ohio, on 25 Dec 190216 in Monroe County. Edward was an oil producer in Ohio and Kentucky.
Olbert H. Abt 1904*
1910 census of
3. Elizabeth Ullom,
(George S., Stephen), was born about 1843 in
3. Nancy Ullom, (George
S., Stephen), was born about 1846 in
3. Margaret Ullom, (George
S., Stephen), was born about 1850 in
3. Mary A. Ullom, (George S., Stephen), was
born about 1854 in
3. Laura Ullom, (George
S., Stephen), born in Sep 1857 in Monroe County,
OH married Luthur Hysson, Hisson or Hissom, born Oct 1851 in Ohio. They
were married on 5 May 1878 in
Jessie 20 Jul 1879 Jackson, Monroe18
Josie D.* 24 May 1881 Jackson, Monroe18
* Birth month and year is May 1882 in 1900 Census
Josie is with the family in 1900 but Jessie was not. No marriages of these children have been found in the Monroe County Records.
3. Rachel Ullom married John Milton Hall (See page 119).
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids