1878 In the "Rinkleville"
area, later called Wellston, there was a
Wabash train stop at Eden Station on the St.
Charles Rock Road. This train station, plus
the horse drawn street cars at Rinkle's
Six-mile House (about Hamilton Avenue and
Easton), and the narrow gauge steam train at
Well's Station on Easton (near Hodiamont),
helped the community become a busy
traffic and shopping center by the 1920s
through the early 1950s.
newspaper clippings and maps below show
beginnings of Wellston growth
NOTE: Current maps at the bottom of this
Eden Station was a Wabash Railroad stop
and the Seminary was soon referred to as
"the seminary at Eden" The new location put
the college within 30 minutes from the
downtown of St. Louis by Streetcar or
railroad. The college was renamed for the
Eden Theological Seminary