The Wellston Loop
See What You
Can Design for the Wellston Loop!
Thanks to Don
Moehlenkamp, Class of '50 and Joan Thoss '49 for sending in
this article about the Wellston Loop
Louis County, Missouri
Click picture for larger view
Thanks to Bob
Hansman, Associate Professor of Architecture, Washington
University, for permission to use this article.
Over the past few years, Bob's students also did projects
for Cuba and Bourbon, Missouri.
on Picture for Movie
|The Wellston Station in St.
Louis was constructed by the United Railway
company in 1901. Located on a transfer point
between major streetcar lines, the station was
the largest waiting station in the city and the
only one still standing. The station served the
Wellston Loop, which by 1940 had become one of
the busiest streetcar transfer points in the
country. The station was also the termination
point for the city's last streetcar line. The
station is nominated for its architectural
significance as well as its role in the
transformation of St. Louis's mass transit
More Stories with a
Wellston Loop Historic Terminal Streetcar Area Connection
Contact the Webmaster eMail