" Y "
- The Soldiers listed below a represent the
soldiers who were in Australia on Garrison Duty.
- Some may have settled, some may have not. When it
has been confirmed they settled in Australia they will
receive their own page. If it is confirmed the men
settled in Australia, they will not appear on this
page,they will appear on the surname page.
- If they are listed on this
page, then this is all we know of them .
Back to Surnames of the
12th Regiment Soldiers who stayed
- ", ." YALE John ", ." YATES
John ", ." YATES John ", ." YATES
Samuel ", ." YATES William ", ."
YEATES James ", ."
- YALDEN Charles , . He married Mary Jane Franklin on the 1st
November 1858, as yet I have not had any luck in tracing
where her family came from, she is listed as being
born in Hobart Town and probably "fibbed" about
her age when she married she is listed as being 21,
but was probably 16 or 17 years old. I
have a copy of their marriage certificate that I
obtained when I went to Hobart I also visited the
Church where they were married - Church
of St George, Battery Point Hobart. Charles Yalden
Rank on their marriage Certificate is listed as
"Corporal 12th Regiment"
Interesting point is that their witnesses for the
Ceremony were "James Cousins" and "Stephen
Bishops" - James Cousins is listed
in the deserters section 1855, I wonder how he
turned up in Hobart in 1858 and whether he was still
listed as a deserter
- The information is intended for
short Historical Value only,
- E- mail address
- © Copyright B & M Chapman
- Last revised: Tuesday, 25 May 2004 07:27:33