Marine Private John Wilkins (.....
- John Wilkins enlisted in the
Royal Marines as part of the 55th Portsmouth Company. He served as
- part of the convict guard on board
the ship "Lady
Penrhyn " prior to its departure from
England. John sailed with the ship to Port Jackson and
arrived as part of the first Fleet.
- On July 23 1790 he and two others
Marine Thomas, HARP, , Marine . John BATES . and Midshipmen John Ferguson
Sirius were in a boat in Port Jackson that was attacked by a
Whale and sank .Thomas Harp, John Bates and John Ferguson all drowned while
John Wilkins was spared.
Returned to England on the 'Atlantic' with the second contingent of
marines to return home
- Military records ,Pay rolls, Pay Musters, Cemetery Records, Church
Records & General Muster Records, Mitchell Library ,Sydney Australia
- The information is intended for
short Historical value only,
- E- mail address
- © Copyright B & M Chapman