Surnames 2nd Company ,of
6th Battalion Royal Artillery
- The Soldiers listed below a represent the
soldiers who were in Australia on Garrison Duty.
- Some may have settled, some may have not. When it
has been confirmed they settled in Australia they will
receive their own page. If it is confirmed the men
settled in Australia, they will not appear on this
page,they will appear on the surname page.
- If they are listed on this
page, then this is all we know of them .
Back To Surnames of the Royal Artillery Soldiers who
This Unit was stationed
in Sydney whilst in transit to New Zealand From November 1843.
Departing February 1846. Arrived in Wellington 23 February 1846.
- ANDERSON David , . ARMSTRONG David , .
- BAILEY John, . BARSON Thomas, . BRADHURST Matthew
- CARROLL John ", ." CHAMBERLAIN Thomas
", ." CONNOLLY William ", ."
- ", ." DAVIS John ", ."DRAYTON Benjamin ", ."
- EDGE John , . EALING John , . EWART Robert
- FREEMAN John
- HARRISON John , . HENDERSON W. , . HOCKLEY
William , . HODGIN John , . HODGISON John , . HOOD James
, . HUGHES William , .
- KING W. M. , . KIRKWOOD Andrew
- LEE John , . LEWIS James
- MANNING William , . MANNING William , . MARTIN
George , . MATHER James , . McFLUNE Benjamin , . MEREDITH
James , . MILES John , . MILLER William, . MORPHETT
Frederick , .
- NEWTON Benjamin
- POLLETT James , . POTTS Robert
- QUIGLEY John
- RATTLE James , . ROSS John . , RUSSELL William ,
. RUSSELL William
- SMITH C. H. , . STOCKLEY William , . STRANGE
- TRAVERS F. J.
- . WHITE James, . WILLIAMSON George
, . WIRTH John , . WRIGHT John N. , .
- YILVERTON W. C.
Men listed as deserting from the Regiment
These men have been
recorded as deserting from the Regiment in which they
served. There is more than a strong possibilty these men
eventually settled. We have included them as they
recieved a description etc. and it may be of help to
their descendants.Today we understand why these men
deserted, many were treated worse than the convicts were.
Gnr Dvr RA 26.3yrs, 5'8", fresh complexion, brown
hair, hazel eyes; labourer; born Dursley, Gloucester;
deserted at Sydney on 19.12.1856.
- Family Members, Military records ,Pay rolls, Pay Musters, Cemetery Records, Church
Records & General Muster Records, Mitchell Library ,Sydney Australia
- The information is intended for
short Historical value only,
- E- mail address
- © Copyright B & M Chapman
- Last revised: May 27, 2008.