- Some of these ships carried members of the 4th
Regiment to Australia. Some soldiers Transfered from earlier Regiments
in Australia and they will be listed on their ships
- We are attempting to place each soldier of the
4th Regiment, who arrived on board their respective Ship.
It does not represent all soldiers only those
who may have settled.
- We have omitted convicts from these pages as
the site is dedicated to the Soldiers.
- It is not
intended to justify or condone the actions or behaviour of some of the
military or the civilian contractors in any form,
and should not be taken that way.
- Information regarding convicts can be found on
the following site :
Soldiers of the 4th
Regiment on board who may have stayed. Some were convicts who later
Back to 4th Foot Lancaster
King's Own Regiment.
- " Larkins
- Date Arrived : 12
December 1829 Tasmania from
- " Larkins
- Date Arrived : 19
October 1831 Sydney from Chatham:
- " Jane "
Arrived : 5 November 1831 Tasmania
- " Surrey "
Arrived : 9 March 1833 Tasmania
- " William
Glen Anderson "
- Date Arrived 1831 : Tasmania
- " Asia "
- Date Arrived :
27. June 1833 Tasmania from Chatham:
- " Strathfieldsaye "
. November 1831 Tasmania from
- " Lord
- Date Arrived : 31
Mar 1832 Tasmania
- " Elizabeth "
- Date Arrived :14 February 1832
- " Captain Cook "
- Date Arrived 2 April; 1832
- Date Arrived 22 March 1832
- "Catherine Stewart Forbes"
- Date Arrived 16 July 1834
- " Isabella 1 "
- Date Arrived 15 March 1832
- " City of Edinborough"
- Date Arrived 27 June 1832
- " Bearbrass "
- Date Arrived 1837 Port Phillip
- Military records ,Pay rolls, Pay
Musters, Cemetery Records, Church Records & General Muster Records,
Mitchell Library ,Sydney Australia
- The information is intended for short
Historical value only,
- E- mail address
- © Copyright B & M Chapman (QLD) Australia