- Area Settled :
- Children :
- Married (1) Emmaline FORTUNE ? Their
- 1. CLAUGHTON, Mary Anne born
23rd February, 1838 at Bathurst. (Abode:
Major Bowler's Govt. House, Bathurst.
- 2. CLAUGHTON, Henry John
born 4th February, 1840 at Parramatta.
- 3. CLAUGHTON, Emmaline born
23rd April, 1842 at Parramatta.
- 4. CLAUGHTON, Edward William
born 24th February, 1844 at Parramatta.
- 5. CLAUGHTON, Isabella born
11th April, 1847 at Parramatta.
- 6. CLAUGHTON, Laura born
15th March, 1849 at Parramatta.Married
- (2) Honorah/Ann WARD, Their
- 1. CLAUGHTON, Thomas born
4th October, 1854 at Parramatta.
- 2. CLAUGHTON, Catherine born
14th September, 1856 at Parramatta
- 3. CLAUGHTON, Honora her
twin. born 14th September, 1856 at Parramatta
- 4. CLAUGHTON, John born 19th
August, 1858 at Parramatta.
- 5. CLAUGHTON, Martin born
8th September, 1860 at Parramatta.
- 6. CLAUGHTON, William James
born 10th October, 1862 at Parramatta.
- 7. CLAUGHTON, Margaret born
7th May, 1866 at Parramatta.
- History &
- Henry CLAUGHTON. His surname
is shown on the Pay Lists and Musters as CLAUTEN and
CLAUTON, but on his children's baptismal and birth
certificates it is also shown as
CLOWTON/CLAWTON/CLOUGHTON and on his 2nd marriage
registration as CLOTTEN, but the spelling nowadays is a
pretty consistent 'CLAUGHTON'. In Vol.442 his
Regimental Number was 812, 2nd Muster Guard arrived from
England by Ship 'Prince George' 12th May, 1837. He
was sent to Bathurst from where he was finally discharged
on 31st March, 1839. Henry was born circa 1815 at
Little Glemham, Suffolk. His wife Emmaline nee
FORTUNE was also on board the 'Prince George'. In
civilian life, Henry worked as a Carrier, a Labourer and
a Horse Doctor. (Veterinary Surgeon on his death
certificate.) Henry died on 13th May, 1905 at
Parramatta where he had lived from 1839 until his
death. He is buried in the Church of England
section of Rookwood Cemetery. His parents were John
CLAUGHTON and Mary FORMAN.
- © Copyright B & M Chapman
- Last revised: September 02, 2007.