" B "
- The Soldiers listed below a represent the
soldiers who were in Australia on Garrison Duty.
- Some may have settled, some may have not. When it
has been confirmed they settled in Australia they will
receive their own page. If it is confirmed the men
settled in Australia, they will not appear on this
page,they will appear on the surname page.
- If they are listed on this
page, then this is all we know of them .
Back to Surnames of the
Royal Marines who stayed
- 1st Royal Marines
- BACON , Samuel, marine - "Sirius ", . BACON , Elizabeth, marine's child
- "Sirius ", . BACON, Jane, marine's wife -
"Sirius ", . BAGLEY ,
James, marine corporal , . BAGLEY
, Marie, marine's child , . BAGLEY , Sarah, marine's wife
, . BAGNALL, Ralph, marine , .
BAKER James , . BAILEY , John, marine , . BALL , Henry
Lidgbird, Lieutenant R.M. - Supply , . , . BELL William
convict "Scarborough ". BENTLEY, Joshua, seaman
- Lady Penrhyn , . BENTLEY, -,. marine's child - Lady Penrhyn , . BRADLEY William , . .
BRAMAGE , Thomas (also Brimage), marine , . BRANNON John
"Alexander" Marine , . BRIXEY ( Brexley
)Charles Marine , . BROWN Thomas , Marine , . BROWN Elizabeth , marines wife,
We have listed
the following 2nd Royal Marines . They sailed on board the ship
" HMS Calcutta "from Spithead April of 1803 . , Some
may have stayed and settled in which case they will be listed
above with their own page. Some returned to England , some are
unknown at present .
The list was
kindly supplied by Cara Links firstname.lastname@example.org
Private BEAN William , . Private
BLACKLOW John Died
Hobart 1812 .Private BOWDEN
Richard , . Private BUCKINGHAM Richard , . Private BUZANT
James , . BREEDON Joseph , .
- Corporal BELLINGHAM John Demoted to Private Returned to
- Drummer BROWN John Returned to England 1812
- Military records ,Pay rolls, Pay Musters,
Cemetery Records, Church Records & General Muster Records, Mitchell Library
The information is intended for short Historical
E- mail address
© Copyright B & M Chapman (QLD) Australia