" A "
- The Soldiers listed below a represent the
soldiers who were in Australia on Garrison Duty.
- Some may have settled, some may have not. When it
has been confirmed they settled in Australia they will
receive their own page. If it is confirmed the men
settled in Australia, they will not appear on this page,
they will appear on the surname page.
- If they are listed on this
page, then this is all we know of them .
Back to Surnames of the
80th Regiment Soldiers who stayed
- AINSWORTH William , . ALDRICE John , . ALDRIDGE
Mathew , . ALLEN Isaac , . ALLPRESS John , . ALLSOP
Francis , . ALLSWORTH John , . ANDERSON William , .
ANDREWS John , . ARLETT William , . ARMSTRONG Andrew , .
ASBURY Henry , . ASHBY John , . . ATWOOD Charles , .
AUSTIN George , .
Men listed as
deserting from the Regiment
These men have been recorded as
deserting from the Regiment in which they served. There is more
than a strong possibility these men eventually settled. We have
included them as they received a description etc. and it may be
of help to their descendants. Today we understand why these men
deserted, many were treated worse than the convicts were.
- ASHBEY, William Pte 24yrs 2mo,
55 1/2, fresh complexion, light brown hair,
grey eyes; deserted 4 Nov 1842,Longbottom Stockade;
enlisted 7 Dec 1839; labourer. Has slight speech
- ASTON, Samuel Pte 23yrs, 55
3/4, fresh complexion, brown hair, blue eyes;
deserted 28 Aug 1843, Melbourne; enlisted 1 Aug
1839,Armagh; bapt. Armagh; labourer. Scar under left side
- The information is intended for
short Historical Value only,
- E- mail address
- © Copyright B & M Chapman
- Last revised: Friday, 30 January 2004 02:38:55