" A "
- The Soldiers listed below a represent the
soldiers who were in Australia on Garrison Duty.
- Some may have settled, some may have not. When it
has been confirmed they settled in Australia they will
receive their own page. If it is confirmed the men
settled in Australia, they will not appear on this page, they
will appear on the surname page.
- If they are listed on this
page, then this is all we know of them .
Back to Surnames of the 77th Regiment Soldiers who stayed
- ACTON William , . ADAMS John , . ADAMS Thomas ,
ALLEN James , . ALLEN Joseph , . ALLEN Thomas , . ALLEN
William , . ALLETON Thomas , . ALISON John , . ALLUM Benjamin , . ALLUM Joseph , . ALLUM William , . ALMOND
John , . ANDERSON John , . ANKER Henry , . ARMES Jonathon
, . ARMSTRONG James , . ASHFORD George , . ASPEN William
, . AUKER Henry , . AYRES James , .
Men listed as
deserting from the Regiment
These men have been recorded as
deserters from the Regiment in which they served. There is more
than a strong possibility these men eventually settled. We have
included them as they received a description etc. And it may be
of help to there descendants. We do not wish to embarrass any
person. But it is part of our history. It is fully understandable
why these men deserted as stated.
- ADAMS, William , . Pte 2673 77th 23yrs, 57,
fresh complexion, light brown hair, blue eyes; enlisted
22.4.1853 Tyrone,, weaver; born Pomeroy Tyrone; deserted
at Sydney on 12.4.1858.
- AIRLEY, Thomas , . Pte 3700 77th 26.1yrs, 58,
fair complexion, light hair, grey eyes; enlisted 16.3.1855
Ballymena, labourer; born Carrick-on- Shannon Leitrim;
deserted at Sydney on 7.4.1858.
- The information is intended for
short Historical Value only,
- E- mail address
- © Copyright B & M Chapman (QLD)
- Last revised: Sunday, 04 January 2004 04:54:13