Noted Relations: Guide
Heros and rogues, saints and sinners – the 1798 historic personages listed on these pages are all related to me – some absurdly distantly.
The people are listed on separate index pages by the first
letter of their name, all in the format shown here.
Persons from particularly well-represented families may also be indexed
on a separate family page. These family pages will appear in the main index pages
highlighted in yellow.
type name [dates] – description (ref#) n [picture]
- Items so marked have recent changes
(as of 2011-10-23).
See the list below for a summary.
- Indicates the target page has bookmarks (links to web pages beyond this site).
- A mark indicating the type of index entry:
=cousin by marriage (or an adoptee) (135)
+ =family group (251)
= =cross reference (1295)
- The person's name, and a link to a separate page devoted exclusively to that person, if such exists. Alternatively, in lieu of a separate page of their own, some individuals may have a short paragraph following this identification line.
- The date of birth and death for the person. An asterisk (*) is used to mark a birth date for living persons.
- A cursory description of the person.
- The person's unique reference number, and also a link to that person on the family ODT page on my Genealogy, et Cetera site. There, you will find how s/he fits into the rest of the family.
- The relationship of the individual to myself.
- Except in printed output
- If an image exists for the individual, a thumbnail of it may be selected to appear to the right of the text area. A larger copy of the picture will be on the person's individual page. These thumbnails are randomly selected for display here.
Except in printed output:
On letter index pages,
there will be a right sidebar (headed Families:) in the NorthEast corner listing all the
family index pages in this letter index, with links to those places.
Click on a letter to display a page listing topics and celebrities beginning with that letter.
These are some common sources that I have used throughout these celebrity pages.
|AFN||ROBB, H. Amanda & CHESLER, Andrew; Encyclopedia of American Family Names; (New York: HarperCollins, ©1995) ISBN: 0-06-270075-8|
|ARC||AllRefer.com; Reference information from database of articles and reference materials.|
|APPLE||WILSON, James Grant and FISKE, John (eds.); Appleton's Cyclopedia of American Biography; (Six volumes, New York: D. Appleton and Company, 1887-1889) Contains known fictitious entries! http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/cyclopedia.html|
Biographical Directory of the American Congress;
(Washington, DC: United States Government Printing Office, 1950)
•The current directory: Biographical Directory of the United States Congress (1774 - Present)
|BDNA||JOHNSON, Rossiter, ed.; Twentieth Century Biographical Dictionary of Notable Americans; (Volumes I-X. Boston, MA: The Biographical Society, 1904)|
|BRC||Biography Resource Center;|
|DAB||American Council of Learned Societies, 1928-1936; Dictionary of American Biography; (Reproduced in Biography Resource Center. Farmington Hills, Mich.: Thomson Gale. 2005)|
|HARPER||DUPUY, Trevor N., et al.; The Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography; (New York: Castle books, 1995) ISBN: 0-7858-0437-4|
|HE||HERRINGSHAW, Thomas William; Herringshaw's Encyclopedia of American Biography of the Nineteenth Century; (Chicago, IL: American Publishers' Association, 1902)|
|IMDB||Internet Movie Database;|
|MWBD||Merriam-Webster's Biographical Dictionary; (Springfield, MA: Merriam-Webster, Inc., 1995) ISBN: 0-87779-743-9|
|NCCN||BARNHART, Clarence L.; New Century Cyclopedia of Names; (New York, 1954)|
|WHO||Who's Who in America; (Vol.27 1952-1953, Chicago: The A.N. Marquis Co., ©1952)|
|WIKI||Wikipedia; The free online encyclopedia|