MASARYK, Tomáš Jan, President [1850-1937] -- Czechoslovak statesman and philosopher
His name is often given as Thomas Garrigue Masaryk. Garrigue was his wife's maiden name and was used as their son's middle name, Jan Garrigue Masaryk. I believe that he began using his wife's name to honor her but, as can be seen in the autograph to the right, he at least sometimes signed his name with the middle initial "J".
His son, ¤Jan,
was vice premier (1941-45) of Czechoslovak provisional government in London.
|First president of Czechoslovakia|
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Works by MASARYK, Tomás Jan
- BookFinder.com: Search Results (Matching Titles)
- Analyses, critiques and interpretations
- Works about
- Tomáš Masaryk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Background Exposition An excellent capsule history of Czechoslavia, from prehistoric times to the Soviet intervention in 1968, with a section on Masaryk.
- Chronology of Masaryk's Life and Work
- CZECH AND SLOVAK STATESMEN IN FAVOR OF A CENTRAL EUROPEAN FEDERATION by JOSEPH OSTROVSKY
- MITCHELL MSS. The papers of Mrs. Ruth (Crawford) Mitchell, many relating to the Masaryks.
- Memorials and tributes
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Son: ¤MASARYK, Jan Garrigue [1886-1948] Czechoslovak diplomat