GISH, Dorothy [1898-1968] -- American stage and film actress
Sister of Lillian Gish, ¤ with whom she appeared in such pictures as Hearts of the World and Romola, and starred in Nell Gwynne (with Randle Ayrton) and Madame Pompadour.
While Dorothy would excel in pantomime and light comedy, her popularity would always be overshadowed by that of her sister Lillian, who was considered to be one the silent screen's greatest stars. Lillian had the better talent, but Dorothy had the looks. NCCN[IMDb]
Her mother, Mary Gish, ¤ was also an actress.
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Works by Dorothy+Gish
- Analyses, critiques and interpretations
- For sale
- Works about
- Specific periods, events, aspects. Trivia.
- Chronologies, synopses, encyclopedias
- BIOGRAPH The oldest movie company in America Liilian and Dorothy Gish
- © Dorothy Gish - Silent and Sound Movie Star - goldensilents.com
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Open Directory The Open Directory Project is the largest, most comprehensive human- edited directory of the Web. It is constructed and maintained by a vast, global community of volunteer editors.
- Search engines A selection of search engines, for Dorothy+Gish
- Discussion, interviews
- Allan Sherman (1924-1973)
- Collections, archives - Papers
- CAC Manuscripts: MS 741 The Dorothy Gish Papers include some articles and newsclippings, a booklet entitled "Remembering Dorothy Gish," and photographs. Includes a short bio.
- Historical context, background
- Sister: ¤GISH, Lillian [1896-1993] American stage and film actress, film pioneer
- Mother: ¤GISH, Mary Robinson [1876-1948] American actress
- Husband: ¤RENNIE, James [1890-1965] American actor