THUMB, Tom [1838-1883] -- American showman, a dwarf, "General"
A dwarf of less than 40 inches stature,
he was discovered as a boy by the showman ¤P. T. Barnum
and hired as one of his principal attractions.
They toured all over the world and
was presented to the crowned heads of Europe.
Stratton and Barnum, who became life-long friends, were both cousins of mine
-- and cousins of each other! (see
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Works by Tom+Thumb
- Analyses, critiques and interpretations
- For sale
- BookFinder.com Books by or about General+Tom+Thumb
- Works about
- Specific periods, events, aspects. Trivia.
- Chronologies, synopses, encyclopedias
- Wikipedia Wikipedia is a free encyclopedia that is being written collaboratively by the readers. The site is a WikiWiki, meaning that anyone, you included, can edit any article right now by clicking on the edit this page link that appears in every Wikipedia article except for a few protected pages.
- Encyclopedia.com - Results for Tom Thumb
- Tom Thumb in London by Joel Benton; Hob-nobbing with royalty!
- Tom Thumb
- General Tom Thumb
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Search engines A selection of search engines, for Tom+Thumb
- DHM: Library Catalog - Sketch Of The Life Of General Tom Thumb, Cover (Visual Still)
- Discussion, interviews
- Collections, archives - Papers
- Historical context, background
- 5HC2: ¤BARNUM, Phineas Taylor [1810-1891] Self-proclaimed "Prince of Humbugs"
- 7C4: ¤DAVIS, Roderic A., 2nd [?-?] Just for reference