SPERRY, Lawrence Burst [1892-1923] -- American inventor (automatic pilot) and aviation pioneer
Today there is no commercial, military or private airplane in the world
that is not equipped with the basic flight instruments developed by Lawrence Burst Sperry.
Invested 1979 in the International Aerospace Hall of Fame.
|Inducted into the International Aerospace Hall of Fame|
|Inducted into the National Aviation Hall of Fame|
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Works by
- Analyses, critiques and interpretations
- Sperry Messenger - The Cradle of Aviation Museum It was in one of these craft that Sperry was lost at sea in the English Channel.
- The Aerial Torpedo
- Remote Piloted Aerial Vehicles : The 'Aerial Target' and 'Aerial Torpedo' in the USA
- Lawrence Sperry: Genius on Autopilot
- Works about
- Specific periods, events, aspects
- Lawrence Sperry
- First Flight Shrine: Lawrence B. Sperry - The First Flight Society - The First Flight Society
- Lawrence Sperry, Sr. Lawrence was a chip off the old block, a real-life Tom Swift just like his father.
- Sperry Product Innovation - Product Design Services, Intellectual Property, Engineering, Patents, Industrial Design, and Design for Manufacturing From the Sperry co.
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- First Flight Shrine - The First Flight Society - The First Flight Society Inductees
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - - Details Lawrence Sperry Award, awarded annually by the AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics). Inductees.
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Historical context, background
- Spouse: ¤ALLEN, Winifred [1896-1943] American actress
- Father: ¤SPERRY, Elmer Ambrose [1860-1930] American inventor (gyroscope), industrialist