PERKINS, Simon, General [1771-1844] -- American pioneer to Western Reserve (now Ohio)
He was the first postmaster in the Western Reserve, at Warren, Ohio,
and was intrusted with the arrangement of other postoffices in that region.
In 1807, at the request of the government,
he established expresses through the Indian country to Detroit.
He died Nov. 19, 1844, in Warren, Ohio.
|First postmaster in the Western Reserve, now Ohio|
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Works by
- Analyses, critiques and interpretations
- www.ohiohistory.org | Document Transcriptions of the War of 1812 in the Northwest A letter from then Gen. Perkins to Maj. Kranzer during the war of 1812
- SUMMIT COUNTY OHIO INFO Founding of Akron, OH
- Works about
- Specific periods, events, aspects
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Historical context, background