MORGAN, John Hunt [1825-1864] -- American soldier, Brig. General
a/k/aThunderbolt of the Confederacy
One of the leading Confederate raiders.
His guerrilla tactics earned him the nickname "Thunderbolt of the Confederacy" and inspired the Confederacy's Partisan Ranger Act of April 21, 1862, which authorized President Davis to commission units of Partisan Rangers for detached guerrilla operations.
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Works by John+Hunt+Morgan
- Analyses, critiques and interpretations
- For sale
- BookFinder.com Books by or about John+Hunt+Morgan
- Works about
- Specific periods, events, aspects. Trivia.
- Chronologies, synopses, encyclopedias
- John Hunt Morgan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Wikipedia is a free encyclopedia that is being written collaboratively by the readers. The site is a WikiWiki, meaning that anyone, you included, can edit any article right now by clicking on the "edit this page" link that appears in every Wikipedia artic
- John Hunt Morgan Biography
- Gen. John Hunt Morgan page
- John Hunt Morgan
- About John Hunt Morgan
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Open Directory The Open Directory Project is the largest, most comprehensive human- edited directory of the Web. It is constructed and maintained by a vast, global community of volunteer editors.
- Search engines A selection of search engines, for John+Hunt+Morgan
- Discussion, interviews
- Collections, archives - Papers
- Historical context, background
- Places (residences, etc)