LOOMIS, Elias [1811-1889] -- American astronomer, mathematician, etc.
A child prodigy, he was while stll a young boy reading the New Testament of the Bible in the original Greek.
Loomis was interested in the history of his family and compiled a genealogy,
The Descendants of Joseph Loomis, Who Came from Braintree, England, in the Year 1638, and Settled in Windsor, Connecticut, in 1639, first published in 1870, which went through three editions in his lifetime and was again revised in 1908.
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Works by Elias+Loomis
- Works about
- Specific periods, events, aspects. Trivia.
- Chronologies, synopses, encyclopedias
- Elias Loomis
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- Memoir of Elias Loomis, 1811-1889 An address read by H. A. Newton before the National Academy, April 16, 1890.
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Open Directory
- Search engines A selection of search engines, for Elias+Loomis
- Elias+Loomis - Google Book Search
- Internet Archive Search: Elias+Loomis
- Elias Loomis | LibraryThing
- Discussion, interviews
- Collections, archives - Papers
- Historical context, background