LOOMIS, Mahlon [1826-1886] -- American dentist and experimenter, Dr.
A pioneer in wireless telegraphy, he almost invented radio -- in the 1860s!
brought out his coherer (1890) or Fessenden his
prior to Loomis' experiment, it would have been a simple matter to use one of these instruments instead of the galvanometer, and Loomis instead of Marconi might have been known as the father of radio.
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Works by Mahlon+Loomis
- Works about
- Specific periods, events, aspects. Trivia.
- Chronologies, synopses, encyclopedias
- Biographies of Mahlon Loomis
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Open Directory
- Search engines A selection of search engines, for Mahlon+Loomis
- Mahlon+Loomis - Google Book Search
- The Internet Movie Database (IMDb). As a participant: actor, director, etc.
- Internet Archive Search: Mahlon+Loomis
- Mahlon Loomis
- Discussion, interviews
- Collections, archives - Papers
- Historical context, background
- Period articles
- Places (residences, etc)
- Books and Scientific Papers on Tesla's Work by Kenneth and James Corum, et al