KETCHUM, Thomas Edward "Black Jack" [1863-1901] -- American bandit
One of the last outlaws of the Old West,
he was captured and convicted for "felonious assault upon a railway train",
and sentenced to hang.
The local sheriff botched the job and poor Tom was beheaded.
He expired nevertheless.
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Ketcham Genealogy
- Ketchum Boys From the Handbook of Texas Online
- The Spanish Peaks, in the Southern Colorado Rocky Mountains area Background. Explorers, lawmen, gunslingers, and mountain men with names like Kit Carson, Black Jack Ketchum, Wild Bill Hickok, John Freemont, Zane Grey, William Bent, and Bat Masterson traveled the area frequently.
- In-law to Outlaw: The Story of Matt Warner Background, by David f. Norman
- Elizabethtown, New Mexico, Some History
- Tom Ketchum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- O'Neill's Ghostories Rafters Library - True Chilling Ghost Stories "Black Jack Ketchum" by Gilbert Hervatin
- Black Jack Ketchum by Justine Ritter (different photos)
- The hanging
- BANDITíS HEAD JERKED OFF BY HANGMANíS ROPE | GhostCowboy.com :: Travel With Cowboys In The Old Wild West
- Clayton New Mexico - Thomas 'Black Jack' Ketchum an annual festival at Clayton, NM.
- Northeast New Mexico - Legends and Lores - Black Jack Lost His Head from Clayton/Union County Chamber of Commerce
- On the Road to Clayton, New Mexico "...he had put on so much weight that his head LITERALLY POPPED RIGHT OFF..."
- NARA, Historic 1901 photo of Black Jack Ketchum's Hanging at Clayton, New Mexico Territory
- Images of the American West - New Mexico including the famous "Black Jack Ketchum getting fitted with a new necktie." (high quality image)
- Bison Bill's Weird West The head in the jar is a hoax
- THE BLACK JACK KETCHUM STORY
- The Last Full-sized Train Robbery in Texas, Sanderson, 1912.
- Blackjack Ketchum
- Personal Web Pages
- Bibliographical, link farms
- IMDb character search Films in which he is portrayed
- Stories of the Century Episode Guide - Stories of the Century Season Episodes - TV.com an episode on the "Stories of the Century" TV show, shown 24 June 1954, starring Jack Elam as Ketchum.
- black jack ketchum - Google Image Search