HEMINGWAY Family Outline Descent Tree(s) (ODT)
Name formsHemenway, Hemingway, Heminway
Derived from the first name Hemming and the Old English word "weg", meaning path. The name was given to those who came from a now-unknown place in West Yorkshire County, ENG. AFN
=ancestor, =cousin, =cousin-by-marriage, +=family
=Has bookmarks, Marks recent changes
(as of 2014-09-06), =::Cross reference
GELLHORN, Martha Ellis
[1908-1998] – American journalist & writer, Ernest Hemingway's third wife
HEMINGWAY, (Hadley) Mariel
[*1961-?] – American actress
|HEMINGWAY, Ernest (Miller)
[1899-1961] – American author
HEMINGWAY, Jack "Bumby"
[1923-2000] – American writer, outdoorsman
né HEMINGWAY, John Hadley Nicanor
HEMINGWAY, Leicester C.
[1915-1982] – American novelist and biographer
[1955-1996] – American model and actress
née HEMINGWAY, Margot Byra
HEMINGWAY, Mary Welsh
[1908-1986] – American journalist
wiki: née WELSH, Mary
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Resources and published genealogies
- James Hemenway Gibbs ~ Genealogy Among the many pages on this site: Descendants of Ralph Hemenway, a report in Register format of 14 generations
- Hemingway/Hemingway/Heminway Genealogy
- The Hemingway Family Tree A nice tree presentation showing Ernest, his siblings, his parents and grandparents, his wives and offspring.
- HEMINGWAY (H552) at ROOTSWEB An extensive collection of genealogical resources for studying the HEMINGWAY name
- "Hemenway Family", by Rufus Hemenway A published genealogy of the Hemenway/Hemingway family. (subscription required)
- Thesaurus of Geographic Names A gazetteer list of place and feature names around the world containing the name "HEMINGWAY"
Candidates Work List
This is my working list of candidates to include --
I'm not yet sure if they are related to me!
As candidates are eliminated (proven not related) they are marked appropriately (
an explanation included.
They are kept in the list in case future research proves they can be included.
(And to keep them from popping up on the list again!)
Never discard good research!
Proven candidates' names are marked with an asterisk (*) until they can be
added to the database.
This article may name additional candidates: Hemingway (surname)