FRISBIE, William Russell [1848-1903] -- American baker, Frisbie Pie Co.
Hired to manage a branch of the Olds Baking Co. in New Haven, CT, he bought it outright and named it the Frisbie Pie Co. Students at Yale discovered that the tins containing the pies made amusing missiles after the pie was consumed.
This eventually evolved into the fantastically successful Wham-O Frisbee® in the mid 1950's.
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Works by William+Russell+Frisbie
- Analyses, critiques and interpretations
- For sale
- BookFinder.com: Search Results (Matching Titles) Books by or about Frisbee
- Works about
- Specific periods, events, aspects. Trivia.
- Chronologies, synopses, encyclopedias
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Open Directory The Open Directory Project is the largest, most comprehensive human- edited directory of the Web. It is constructed and maintained by a vast, global community of volunteer editors.
- Search engines A selection of search engines, for William+Russell+Frisbie
- Discussion, interviews
- Collections, archives - Papers
- Historical context, background
- Places (residences, etc)
- Frisbee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia