de CLARE Family
DE_CLARE Family Outline Descent Tree(s) (ODT)
Name formsClare, Clere, Declare, de Beaumont-Le-Vicomte, de Clare
The name of an English family in Suffolk founded by Richard de Clare (?-1190),
1st Earl of Clare, a Norman known as Richard Fitz-Gilbert
who followed William the Conquerer to England.
He was granted much land, especially attached to Castle Clare in Suffolk.
As chief justiciar he helped suppress a rebellion in 1075.
=ancestor, =cousin, =cousin-by-marriage, +=family
=Has bookmarks, Marks recent changes
(as of 2014-09-06), =::Cross reference
|de CLARE, Gilbert [~1180-1230] – English baron DCLA66 21GGFa|
|de CLARE, Richard [~1153-1217] – English baron DCLA68 22GGFa|
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- The de Clare Family by Daniel Mersey. A nice overview of the de Clare family history.
- de Clare Genealogical background
- The de Clares, earls of Hertford - Genealogy on Pat Patterson's Pages A more detailed history, beginning with RICHARD DE CLARE (d. 1090?), founder of the house of Clare
- Members of the de Clare Family This page lists members of the major and cadet lines of the de Clare family. They are cross-referenced to their titles when possible.
- Royal Name Search - de clare
- Caerphilly Castle Built by Gilbert de Clare at order of Henry III
- Crests of some Principal Clare Families i.e. County Clare, Ireland -- which was named for our de Clare family.