GIBSON, Charles Dana [1867-1944] -- American artist and illustrator
Best known for his iconic illustrations in the 1890s and early 20th century of the idealized woman, the Gibson Girl.
The Gibson Martini is named after him, as he favored ordering gin martinis with a pickled onion garnish in place of the traditional olive or lemon zest. WIKI
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Works by Charles+Dana+Gibson
- Works about
- Specific periods, events, aspects. Trivia.
- Chronologies, synopses, encyclopedias
- NMAI: The National Museum of American Illustration
- Charles Dana Gibson - The Herald Square Hotel
- Charles Dana Gibson Caricature Biography
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Open Directory
- Search engines A selection of search engines, for Charles+Dana+Gibson
- Charles+Dana+Gibson - Google Book Search
- Internet Archive Search: Charles+Dana+Gibson
- Charles Dana Gibson Online
- Discussion, interviews
- Collections, archives - Papers
- Historical context, background
- Period articles
- Places (residences, etc)
- 100 Years of Illustration : Charles Dana Gibson and His Imitators
- The Internet Movie Database (IMDb). As a character.
- Charles Dana Gibson As a participant: actor, director, etc.
- Charles Dana Gibson - Google Image Search
- gibson girl - Google Image Search
- File:Time-magazine-cover-charles-dana-gibson.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sister-in-law: ¤ASTOR, Viscountess [1879-1964] British politician