McILHENNY, Edmund [1815-1890] -- American businessman, Tabasco® sauce inventor
He founded, in 1868, at Avery Island, LA, the McIlhenny Company, producer of Tabasco® brand products.
Family tradition holds that he bought some hot pepper seeds
from a traveller from Central America.
McIlhenny planted the seeds on Avery Island,
experimenting with pepper sauces until he found one that he liked.
Bookmarks (off-site links)
- Vivísimo - Clustered search on edmund mcilhenny
- Ixquick Metasearch
- Works by
- Works about
- Specific periods, events, aspects
Twice-told tales. Well, rather more than twice... The story of the invention -- or discovery -- of the famous pepper sauce.
- TABASCO® Pepperfest - the hot, legendary pepper sauce! The company venue
- History of Tabasco Pepper Sauce
- Tabasco Sauce
- Ask Mr. Broussard, The TABASCO® Historian: The McIlhenny Company
- The original and Inimitable Hotscotch Sauce
- Joey Green
- TABASCO® Svenska!
- Sunday Times - South Africa's best selling newspaper
- NPR : TABASCO's Hot History
- First Tabasco peppers were brought here from Mexico by Jim Bradshaw
- Chronologies, synopses
- Specific periods, events, aspects Twice-told tales. Well, rather more than twice... The story of the invention -- or discovery -- of the famous pepper sauce.
- Memorials, tributes, shrines
- John Avery McIlhenny [1867-1942] Son of Edmund McIlhenny.
- Bibliographies and Link Farms
- Collections, archives - Papers
- Historical context, background
- tabasco sauce - Google Image Search thousands!