Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

up

 

 

 Cwmllynfell / Cwmtwrch 1

 

The first 3 photographs contributed by Mr and Mrs William John Evans of Gwauncaegurwen  - (William John wrote the 'Pit Memories' book ) (Feb 2009)

 

Cwmllynfell Colliery Tip

 Cwmllynfell Colliery tip - 'Y Clinc'

 

Upper Cwmtwrch Station

 Platform, Gwys Station, Upper Cwmtwrch
Llun Gorsaf Gwys, Cwmtwrch Uchaf

 

Unidentified scene

Cwmtwrch, Gwys station -  from a different angle

 


Cwmtwrch Operatic Choir

Who performed ' The Dogs of Devon' at  the Central Hall, Ystalyfera on 16th and 17th April 1924

This photograph contributed by Berian James, originally from Brynaman, now living in Sketty (Dec 2012)

Cwmtwrch Operatic Choir

 


Bethel Independent chapel, Lower Cwmtwrch

These photographs are of Bethel Independent chapel, Bethel Rd, Lower Cwmtwrch.
Below is a part extract from the Chapels database entry on this site
"In Bethel Rd, Lower Cwmtwrch - on the north bank of the Twrch which appears to be the county line at this point - thus in  Breconshire............. Bult in 1861...."

 

The following text and *photographs were copied on 1 Dec 2010 from  the the site of Rowland Jones (Chartered Surveyors) who are selling the chapel ...............

"The property comprises a large, two storey chapel constructed in the 19th century.
The chapel is Grade II listed.  Internally, the chapel comprises an entrance lobby, congregational area with a first floor gallery, a large vestry to the rear and WC which is accessed externally.  There is a small garden to the front of the property...."

The chapel has been for sale from at least August 2010

*NB. These photographs are the property of Rowland Jones (Chartered Surveyors)

Bethel, Lower Cwmtwrch

Bethel, Lower Cwmtwrch

 


Temperance Hall, Upper Cwmtwrch

These photographs are of Temperance Hall, Upper Cwmtwrch.

The following text and *photographs were copied on 1 Dec 2010 from  the the site of Rowland Jones (Chartered Surveyors) who are selling the chapel ...............

"The subject property comprises a single storey detached vestry/hall premises, constructed originally in approximately 1860 and extended in 1940. Internally, the property comprises an open room with a sloping floor for raised seating, the extension at the front provides a raised stage, beneath which is a basement. The vestry has two entrances, one of which is a disabled access, and WC facilities...."

The chapel has been for sale from at least July 2010

*NB. These photographs are the property of Rowland Jones (Chartered Surveyors)

Temperance Hall, Upper Cwmtwrch

Temperance Hall, Upper Cwmtwrch

 

 

up

Gareth Hicks Copyright notice