Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   
CHARLES DOBIE : LOCAL HISTORY
SANQUHAR KIRKYARD, DUMFRIESSHIRE, SCOTLAND

MAP AND PHOTOS FROM :

"MEMORIALS OF
SANQUHAR KIRKYARD"

by TOM WILSON

Published in 1912 by:
Robert G. Mann, Dumfries and J.M. Laing, Sanquhar.

This page contains all of the illustrations in the book including the fold-out map. To see the grave inscriptions and histories of the people buried in Sanquhar Kirkyard, please click here.

Map of Sanquhar Kirkyard in 1911
Click here to see an enlarged version of this map. TOPPHOTO MENU Sanquhar Parish Kirk TOPPHOTO MENU Sanquhar Kirk and Kirkyard TOPPHOTO MENU The Crichton Effigy TOPPHOTO MENU Sanquhar Manse TOPPHOTO MENU James Johnston, merchant, New York TOPPHOTO MENU John Johnston, chief of the Johnston Clan TOPPHOTO MENU High Street, Sanquhar, in 1860 TOPPHOTO MENU Kirkbride TOPPHOTO MENU Eliock in the Eighteenth Century TOPPHOTO MENU Rev. William Douglas Veitch TOPPHOTO MENU Provost William Johnston TOPPHOTO MENU John Wilson MacQueen TOPPHOTO MENU David McMichael and William Wilson TOPPHOTO MENU South U.F. Church and Manse TOPPHOTO MENU Robert Simpson TOPPHOTO MENU Alexander Weir TOPPHOTO MENU Peter Laing TOPPHOTO MENU Arthur Laing TOPPHOTO MENU William Wilson TOPPHOTO MENU Adam Austin TOPPHOTO MENU Robert McKendrick TOPPHOTO MENU William Cunningham, Jr. TOPPHOTO MENU Old Men of Sanquhar -- 1890 photo
Top Row: John Brown, Joseph Campbell, Charles McIver, John Kerr, William Wilson.
Middle: William Hastie, James Dargavel, Thomas Scott, Ballantyne Howat,
John McCririck, Robert McCririck, Peter Hastie.
Bottom: James Reid, Robert Halliday, John Wigham, Dr. William Kay, David Watson,
Matthew McIver, James Laurie.
TOPPHOTO MENU John Nivison TOPPHOTO MENU Lieutenant John Bramwell TOPPHOTO MENU Sanquhar Public School TOPPHOTO MENU Crichton School TOPPHOTO MENU James Robert Wilson TOPPHOTO MENU James Tweddel TOPPHOTO MENU Provost Thomas Gibb TOPPHOTO MENU Provost John Williamson TOPPHOTO MENU Provost Samuel Wigham TOPPHOTO MENU Dr. Kay TOPPHOTO MENU Sanquhar Council House, 1871 TOPPHOTO MENU Provost Thomas Scott TOPPHOTO MENU Provost James Fingland TOPPHOTO MENU Archibald Hair TOPPHOTO MENU Sculptured Stones in Kirkyard Wall TOPPHOTO MENU



BACK TO MAIN HISTORY MENU