Some History & Genealogy Links
In this page are some links which you might not find if you stick to
the usual websites. I hope you find them useful.
of others you know about and I'll add them here. All links were working on April 10, 2017.
- THE USUAL WEBSITES :
- SOME UNUSUAL WEBSITES :
- Bytown or Bust Migration and Settlement in the Ottawa area in the 1800's.
- The History of Ontario's King's Highways
- Manitoulin Island Historical Extracts
- This is a website which I helped to create. All issues (1983 to 1994) of the historical journal "Through The Years" have had
surnames and other information extracted and put on one very large website page.
- The Gateway to Northwestern Ontario History.
Link updated March 29, 2014.
- Ontario Black History Society.
- Ontario Records & Resources This link
takes you to the site map of Bill Martin's two websites. There is a stunning amount of material here!
- Queer Catharsis, 1971-1980's.
- Peter Zorzi's very personal account
of the early Gay Rights movement in Toronto. Covered are: the founding of TAG (Toronto Area Gays) which was a
telephone counselling collective, the founding of The Body Politic, and anecdotes about
Toronto Gay Action,
CHAT (Community Homophile Association of Toronto), GATE (Gay Alliance Towards Equality), etc.
There are photos of various Gay Pride marches, Anita Bryant protests, Gaydays 1978, and on and on.
Illustrated with photos mostly by Charles Dobie.
- SURNAME DATABASES :
- Please look at this page
on my genealogy website, as I don't want to duplicate my efforts here. Remember that you can
search for any surname you want, so you can ignore all references to searching for "Dobie", etc. Just search for
whatever names interest you.
BACK TO MAIN HISTORY MENU