Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Erringden


Erringden is an area south-east of Hebden Bridge bounded on the north by the Calder, Elphin brook in the east, and Stoodley Clough in the west.

First mentioned as Ayrykedene in 1277, the name means Eric's valley – indicating a Scandinavian connection.

The deer park for the Lord of the Manor was here.

The township appears in Domesday Book as Gruberonestum and Crumbetonestun, representing Cruttonstall in Erringden

Some sites, sights and other entries for Erringden

Beaumont Clough Bridge, Erringden
Beaumont Clough, Erringden
Bell Hole, Erringden
Bell House, Erringden
Bents Farm, Erringden
Blaithroyd, Erringden
Broadhead End, Erringden

Cragg Spring, Erringden
Cragg Vale Inn, Erringden
Cruttonstall
Cuckoo Stone, Erringden

Deerstones
Doestones

Edge End Farm, Erringden
Erringden Grange
Erringden Moor
Erringden Parish Council
Erringden Park
Erringden Spa
Erringden Surveyor of the Highways
Erringden Workhouse
Manor of Erringden

Frost Hall, Erringden
Frost Hole, Erringden

Great House, Erringden

Hebble End Dye Works, Erringden
Hebble End Mill, Erringden
Hebble End Saw Mill, Erringden
Henden Bridge, Erringden
Horsehold Hall, Erringden
Horsehold

Kershaw Farm, Erringden
King's Walshaw, Erringden
Kyngswalshaghe

Lodge Farm, Erringden
Lower Rough Head Farm, Erringden

Nase End, Erringden

Old Chamber, Erringden

Pinnacle Farm, Erringden

Stubbing Mill, Erringden

Thorps, Erringden
Turley Holes Farm, Erringden
Turley Holes Moor, Erringden
Turvin

Weasel Hall Cottage, Erringden
Withens Clough Reservoir, Erringden
Withens Clough, Erringden
Withens, Erringden

The Foster family of Erringden
The Halstead family of Erringden 


See Parish statistics



search tips advanced search
search engine by freefind


© Malcolm Bull 2017 / calderdale@aol.com
Revised 15:05 on 28th August 2017 / mme69 / 7