Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   
Estate Stove Company, Hamilton
(Kahn Brothers)
East Avenue near Grand Boulevard
Lazard and Felix Kahn moved their stove foundry operation from Hanging Rock, Ohio to Hamilton in 1884.  Shortly afterwards, their market greatly expanded to include the entire United States and shipments to Europe and the Far East.  The company began making gas stoves in 1888 and the name was changed to Estate Stove Company in 1905. 

 
Estate was purchased by RCA in 1952 and then by Whirlpool-Seeger in 1955.  They closed the Hamilton plant in 1962.  Over the lifetime of the company, they made wood and coal burning cookstoves, gas cookstoves, parlor heating stoves, the more modern Heatrola Stoves, and gas furnaces.

Decorative metal piece 
manufactured by the Kahn Brothers

This site was created by the Butler County Historical Society
Those with questions, comments, or additional information are encouraged to contact the Society.

 © 2000 by Butler County Historical Society