Wharton,Texas 77488

This page transcribed by Janet Barrett Hobizal May 2007,

From a photo copy found at the Wharton County Historical Museum

Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
The first Post Office was established as Peach Creek, Texas, Matagorda County on May 22,1846.

Name was changed to Wharton,Wharton County on July 1, 1847

Thacher,Thomas 05/22/1846
Eagan,Gabriel 07/01/1847
Betts, Charles S 04/14/1853
Minnis, John R 12/12/1865
Schultz, Henry E 10/04/1867
McLain, Adelbert D 03/21/1867
Massey, William F 01/26/1871
Lacy, LaFayette 11/13/1872
Christie, James 10/10/1873
Ahldag, Fritz 12/16/1873
Petty, Phillemon H 02/15/1875
Watts, Amanda M 08/17/1881
Bodenhamer, Christen S 12/20/1900
Hughes, Covey M 01/27/1904
Abell, Thomas J 02/02/1914
Thomasson, Gussie E 10/17/1918
Garrett, Oswald 07/28/1919
Burger, Joe Sr 02/11/1924
Rockwood, R O 05/09/1936
Case, Ruth 05/01/1959
Schultz, Delno F 06/09/1961

The Wharton Post Office has been located at:

Where Riverside Hotel is now located

Where the New Wharton Bank & Trust is now located

In the Hughes building now owned by Eldon Frazier

In one of the Burger buildings on 100 S. Fulton

Also in a building on the corner of E. Burleson & S. Fulton owned by Fritz Ahldag

Back To

Wharton County Index Page